Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Sew'n Wild Oaks Retreat Day One

 
Hello Everyone,
 
Here we go again.....another Sew'n Wild Oaks quilting retreat at Snowflake Lodge in Arnold, CA.  Quilters from England, Idaho, and California arrived to enjoy a shared quilting experience together.
 


The day before the beginning of the retreat, Sue and Gail got a head start on their projects for the retreat.



Gail and Sue are intently studying the cookbook while making Marinated Cheese for appetizer evening at the cabin.


Success!


The girls started in on their projects immediately once their machines were set up.



We headed back to the cabin for our dinner of appetizers and desserts.

 
Silly me forgot to take a picture of the dessert table.
 






The rains stopped and we were able to eat dinner outside.  There's Sue eating again.




Sisters, cousins, and friends all gathered together to share a special time together.

 
The real fun begins today at 8am sharp at the Lodge!  More pictures tomorrow.

Toodle Pip,
Lynn

3 comments:

  1. I thought I heard the whir of sewing machines and laughter up here yesterday! Missing you all!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fabulous start! Give my best to the gals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, how do I sign up for one of the retreats at Snowflake Lodge? My husband works in California a lot and I would dearly LOVE to attend some of these. Please let me know. Many thanks. Prudence Lay, Sisters Oregon

    ReplyDelete