Sunday, January 8, 2017

A Shout Out

Hello Everyone,

Over the past several years of quilting and designing, I've met some of the nicest people that I'm so happy to be able to call friends.
 
One of those incredibly talented, and just plain nice person is Pam Buda from Heartspun Quilts.  We met at Quilt Market in May of last year. I attended her Schoolhouse session, and won a pincushion that Pam made.  I will always treasure that pincushion.
 
 
I was thrilled when Marcus Fabrics sent me a box of Pam's Star Spangled Liberty fabrics.  Here is a snapshot of the fabrics.  The creative juices started flowing when I saw the fabrics.  In a word, BEAUTIFUL!
 

 
When we were on a road trip through Northern California last summer, I saw a road sign that said Huckleberry Hill.  I wrote it down in my journal.  The rest is history, and Huckleberry Hill began a slow birth.  I'm in the process of remaking this block.  I can never leave well enough alone......but I'm not over the moon with the flowers in this one. I want to make them smaller and with more of a Pennsylvania Dutch look and feel.  It really needs a red bow at the top of the handle too.

 
 
I'm remaking it to have the look and feel more like this block.
 

 
I love the Star Spangled Liberty fabrics so much that I want to make another Zinnie's Choice out of the red, white, and blues.
 



There just aren't enough hours in the day to do what I want to do.  When you run across a designer like Pam, it's easy to make my designs come to life when I begin with her vision.

It's a rainy, windy weekend here in California as the atmospheric river or Pineapple Express slides over the state.  Good quilting weather if you ask me.

We spent a fun-filled day with our daughter and twin granddaughters at Bear Valley last Thursday.  It was a brisk 26 degrees with crystal blue sky.



 
The cafe in the meadow was our lunch spot.  We ate outside, and when the sun went behind a cloud, your hot dog cooled off rather quickly!
 

 
 
It was the first break that I've taken in weeks.  I think I need to get out more.  I thoroughly enjoyed myself and did not think about my to-do list.  It will eventually become my to-done list......but not this week.

Soon,
Lynn

 

4 comments:

  1. beautiful basket blocks Lynn, and it looks like it was a glorious day last week! So glad you could spend time out in such beauty with your family!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks as though your are having are wonderful weekend with your family! I so enjoyed viewing your lovely basket "wow" beautiful!!! Mazey looked like he was waiting for you to play with him!!!
    Hug's, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Pam make an excellent team, Lynn! There are even some of her fabrics in my LOS. What fun at Bear Valley! Kind of looks like our neck of the woods right now! I'm so happy you set aside the to-do list for some fun!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you and Pam are now connected through fabrics and designs! I met Pam a few years back on an Alaskan Quilting cruise. She is a sweetie just like you so I can imagine you have a strong connection now!

    ReplyDelete