Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Sew'n Wild Oaks Class Was In Session

Hello Everyone,
 
First of all thank you all for your outpouring of good wishes about my current issues with my leg.  I'm happy to report that it is better this morning.  I'm so thankful that the blood clots seem to be stabilizing, and hopefully dissolving. I still resemble Quasimodo when I walk, but I'm not walking very much.
 
The girls waited on me hand and leg is class yesterday.  Their finishes are a feast for the eyes.  Laurie worked on the binding for her expertly pieced and appliqued Emilie Elizabeth.
 

Laurie made an heirloom quilt to treasure.  She faithfully kept up with the BOM at In Between Stitches and look what she has to show for her diligence.


It was expertly quilted by Suzie Dillinger.

Mary kept up with the Lil' Orphan Scrappy BOM at In Between Stitches and look at the beautiful quilt she has to show for her efforts!  Her sister quilted this for her, using a Baptist Fan design.  Overall quilting on this quilt is perfect to tie it together.


Wendy is working on her version of the same quilt in black and white.  Many of the blocks have words in the middle square.  Very clever!


Irene is working on her neighborhood for Journey's End by Kim Diehl.  This is currently a BOM also by In Between Stitches.  I'm looking forward to getting back to my house construction zone.


Mary is making Summer's Blush.  She said she is outside her comfort zone with the fabric she selected......but you would never know it.



Rose wanted to use up her one inch scraps and what a great way to put them to work!  So colorful and perfectly quilted by Rose too.


There were many more examples of excellent work in the classroom, but I didn't travel around too much to take pictures.  The girls brought me my lunch, kept my therapeutic heating pad warmed for me in the microwave, and took good care of me throughout the entire day. Being with 'my girls' was the best medicine the doctor could order.  They are so compassionate, so caring, and so loving.

My sister Gail will be with me for the next two days and I'm going to put her to work in my sewing room.  Stay tuned as she will be the guest blogger over the next couple of days.  I'd better have a stash of cookies for her.  She's cheap......she works for cookies.

Soon,
Lynn

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are recovering. Love seeing all the beautiful projects the ladies are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have missed a prior posting - did not know you were laid up so to speak. Please take care even though it sounds like you have fabulous caregivers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're feeling better, Lynn! Just feasting your eyes on all the beautiful work is worth it's weight in medicine, and of course, all the great help you got yesterday. Can't wait to see what Gail, er Louise, will be up to. I'm sure she'll share her cookies with you - they help blood clots ;>)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lynn
    I am so sorry to hear you are having these issues. You and your quilting teaching messages have been so enlightening to me personally. I am sure it is so with the rest of your fan club. You will be in my prayers for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TLC for you sounds very good! Beautiful, amazing stitching going on! Take care & thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete