Sunday, January 29, 2017

Sunrise to Sunset

Hello Everyone,
 
I spent my day with a group of talented and fun quilters at Whistle Stop Quilt Shop in Auburn yesterday for a Finessing the Figures AKA Patchwork Math class.  Mr. Joe drove me up as I'm still too gimpy to drive.  We left the Bay Area before sunrise, and drove home to a beautiful sunset.
 
The girls did a great job learning the formulas and making some nice looking components.
 


The classroom at Whistle Stop is spacious and bright.



Here is a sample of some of the work accomplished by the group.  I walked around the classroom, but I didn't always have my camera with me.....so I missed some great photo opportunities.




I think this comparison of the Y-Square component is very interesting.  This is Peggy's arrangement which would make a very interesting border.


This is Rita's arrangement of her Y-Square components.  This little component is so versatile!


This is my favorite class to teach.  The group was very receptive, and soaked in all of the information I had to share.  They grabbed the quilting ball and ran with it!  I was very impressed with their work and precision.  For me, getting out and teaching in a new area is so rewarding.  I LOVE meeting new people and exchanging ideas about quilting.  You girls ROCKED!

Today is going to be a quiet day for me with an elevated leg, computer work, and my grandson's basketball game.  I am getting better, but I need to get 'more better'......I know horrible English but it gets my point across.  Mr. Joe and Gail have been saints to aid in my recovery.  I couldn't do it without them.  I'm usually a human dynamo, and it's hard for me to let go, and turn things over to other people.  I'm turning over a new leaf and turning things over that someone else can do.  The pattern writing and all paperwork for the company needs to be done by me while I sit.  Today, I sit and elevate.

Soon,
Lynn

 

4 comments:

  1. I like the designs the ladies came up with the Y square....another interesting twist. Happy to hear you are feeling better. You'll be up and running soon. See you, hopefully, at the quilt show next weekend. Keep that leg up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was humming Fiddler On The Roof's Sunrise, Sunset" before I got this post open! I recall a discussion early one morning about letting go and accepting assistance...have we made progress??? And please stay off the Roof with your Fiddle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so wonderful to see how new blocks pop up every time you teach the class, Lynn! Glad to hear you can get out - it does the soul good and I can tell you first hand about accepting the assistance - once you do, it's hard to go back (wink)!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that your health is steadily improving. Sometimes I think that rest is over-rated but in fact it is SO IMPORTANT! Besides allowing us the opportunity to write patterns, it gives us a moment to reflect as well. Relax! This is your life! ☺

    ReplyDelete