Saturday, January 6, 2018

Over the Propane Tank

Hello Everyone,
 
I've been fussy cutting my heart out for the new blocks in Heritage.  What started out as creating examples for my class at Friends Around the Block, has turned into an entirely new quilt.
 


This block is a combination of Kim Diehl meets Laundry Basket fabrics, along with Moda. They all play well together.



Here's the progress as of yesterday morning. 


In making a parody of an Erma Bombeck phrase, I'm changing my quote to read, "Life is Greener Over the Propane Tank!"  This is my view out one of the windows in my sewing room. Not much going on outside, but it is oh, so sweet inside.  Mr. Joe came into my room during the week to check on me since he hadn't seen me in a fair bit of time. I completely lost all track of the hours while working on my blocks.  I was having a ball!  I was digging deep into my stash to come up with different combinations of color.  Just like a chef, a dash of this, and a dash of that, and I was cooking up some blocks.  This quilt is going to be a melting pot of colors.

I discovered I'm at my happiest when working with a LARGE palette of choices, and really stir things up.  I'm absolutely only pulling from my stash.  Nothing new at all for this quilt. 


Today is going to be a day to pull up a chair by the fire, and enjoy a good read during a nice, soaking rain. We have to run over to Quail's Nest quilt shop in Sonora this morning to pick up Grammy Squares, then home to this cozy spot......or I'll be in my spot over the propane tank!

 
Next week I'm headed to Folsom, CA to speak at the Folsom Quilt & Fiber Guild.  The lecture is Tuesday night, and the Patchwork Math workshop is all day Wednesday. I'll have to stop quilting long enough to prepare handouts, and give my talk a good run through.  If you are in the area, come on by and introduce yourself.

Gotta scoot.....my propane tank is calling me!

Soon,
Lynn

3 comments:

  1. I could read your blog all day . . . you certainly have a way with words. The way you described quilting from your stash like cooking, just painted pictures in my mind. I love your fussy cuts, these blocks are gorgeous. It is easy to see how you get lost in your work. Oh, and that stone wall behind your wood stove, is so charming and cozy . . . what a sweet spot to cuddle up and read or share conversation and coffee. Please stop by and help me celebrate my 6th Blogging Anniversary. I'm having a Give-A-Way.
    Happy Quilting!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such beautiful blocks! Love to see your sitting area...perfect for those chilly days, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These blocks are gorgeous! Like little jewels! :-)

    ReplyDelete