Sunday, April 5, 2020

Autumn is Calling

Hello Everyone,

I'm putting on my Madam Ambassador hat for Henry Glass & Co. for the next few weeks.  My fabric shipment arrived a month early. since life it a little upside down right now, and all shipping schedules have been thrown out of whack.


This gorgeous fabric, "Autumn is Calling" by Color Principle for Henry Glass & Co. was is the shipment.  Yesterday I sat down and designed and made a couple of leaf blocks.  I LOVE them!  They look a little bit lacey and are very leafy.

Feast your eyes on this fabric palette!  It is so rich and luscious.


The line comes with three panels too.



I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do, but I drew out one design already.  I know it's going to have leaves.....that's a given.


I'll be switching gears this week as I stop to make masks for our entire family.  They are going to be their Easter presents.

Mr. Joe has been baking again.  This time he made sourdough Babka.  It was delicious.  He made sourdough pancakes yesterday for breakfast.  I've had so much sourdough lately that I may turn into an old gold miner since sourdough bread was a staple during the 1849 California Gold Rush.


I hope you are all staying home and practice social distancing when you are outside.  We won't be going outside today since we are in the grip of a major winter storm.  It is supposed to rain all day and snow all night.  We've got our firewood at the ready on our front porch so we don't have to venture out too far.  However, Mazey still has to go out occasionally.  Friday night, during last potty call for the day, Mazey and Mr. Joe beat a hasty retreat back into the house when they both heard a bear growling.  That growl got both of their hearts pumping a little faster!  I didn't know Mr. Joe could move so fast.

Soon,
Madam Ambassador

13 comments:

  1. oh no - more snow and a bear! better watch out huh. So glad your fabric came that will be fun for you. Joe's baking looks like it is turning out very well - I think I need to get a starter going and then think no I don't as I have already gain a pound or two and need to get exercising more with more walks on the property

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we will get another half foot of snow tonight. We still have some leftover from the last storm. --Lynn

      Delete
  2. We had very nice weather today and I went out for along walk; fortunately, no bears. I'm now drooling over that bread/babka! Your leaf block is looking good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cathy! We always carry an air horn with us on our walks. I have to do something to walk off all of this sourdough! --Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Joe's sourdough babka looks wonderful. We attempted to get sourdough started nearly two weeks ago, but it wasn't cooperative so yesterday we turned the entire lot into a loaf of cinnamon bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We thought our sourdough starter died.....but it didn't! It is like a science experiment every day of the week.

      Delete
  5. Funny - Joe doesn't look Polish! Nicely done, Joe! Lynn...that makes you a Stadi Baba....better make yourself a pretty headscarf! I bet the bear was smelling babka and wanted a slice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We aren't sharing our Babka with the bear...it wad too good. Notice I said was. Luckily Mazey came running for the front door!

      Delete
  6. I can't even imagine hearing a bear growling while taking the dog out for last potties. The biggest things I'm afraid I'll see/hear is a fox or coyote or raccoon! Love that new fabric line.The colors are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ever since we had our 5 year drought, the bears moved into our neighborhood....and stayed...and keep having cubs. We always walk with an air horn, and haven't had to use it yet. Stay safe, Lynn

      Delete
  7. Your leaves are beautiful. I'm sure whatever pattern you come up with for that great fabric will be terrific. You can keep the snow and the bears but it sure would be nice if you could share some of that bread. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Julie......we still have lots of snow, and lots of bears.....but the bread is long gone! --Lynn

      Delete
  8. Bears! Bet they are hungry too. Is there anything in toe woods to eat yet this time of year, other than Mr. Joe and your pup-dog?

    ReplyDelete