Thursday, April 23, 2020

Bountiful Blessings

Hello Everyone,

This is what I've been working on.  I'm going to be all set for Autumn with this table topper gracing my table.


I've been wearing my Madam Ambassador hat for Henry Glass Fabrics for the past couple of weeks.  The fabric is named "Autumn is Calling" by Color Principle. I enjoyed working with this palette of gorgeousness.


The blocks finish at 5" and look so good around the center panel section.


Here are the fabrics that Henry Glass Company sent to me.  When a box of fabric arrives, I always put it out where I can see it everyday, and then starting imagining what I'm going to design.  The center panel was meant to be a placemat.....but not for me.  The circular panel became the center medallion for my 40" x 40" table topper.  I always try to think outside of the box.


The weather has warmed, so I can spend time in my garage machine quilting.  I will probably have the big garage door open, so I'll be on the lookout for bears while quilting.  There have been so many sightings in our neighborhood.  They are getting entirely too comfortable around here.

I am really looking forward to Fall this year.  I'm looking forward to my family gathering around a harvest table, with this table topper smack dab in the middle.  I'm looking forward to their sense of humor throughout dinner, and the constant chatter between all of the cousins.  I miss that now more than ever, and anxiously await the day we can all be together again.  If I sound melancholy, I most certainly am.

This is day #37 for us in self isolation in California.  We can't open the country too soon.  I don't want the clock to have to start all over again. Let's do this right the first time, and listen to the experts. As our Governor Newsom says, END, PERIOD, FULL STOP.  Stay home, and be safe.

Soon,
Madam Ambassador




16 comments:

  1. do you go out for groceries and prescriptions if you need to or are you in a total stay at home mode? We are going on 5 weeks here and we can go to the stores but shouldn't just for fun! Since this started we have been to the drive through to pick up meds and one time in the store as we were having a hard time getting a pick up spot and when we finally got one we couldn't get a lot of things on the list and were told the store had a lot of stuff that they are not letting people order on the pick up list!! that doesn't make sense but so the following week I put on my mask and went to the store and sure enough found all I needed but there was no butter or margarine or dried or canned beans in the store - I had some so that was ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we go to the grocery store, the post office, and that's about it. The state park just 3 miles away is closed. We do get out for walks in the woods with our air horn. We also take Mazey to the track at the middle school so she can run, and we can walk. Each day is pretty much like the day before. We are hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! For the first time today, there was TP and paper towels in our grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are thinking that so many people have so much TP that they can no longer store it! We have it here now too. Crazy times!

      Delete
  4. Debbie in LivermoreApril 23, 2020 at 8:51 PM

    Lynn, you really rocked that fabric! Just gorgeous leaves and setting. Leslie has finished her Country Courthouse quilt, looks fantastic, she has been home just about since we took the class at In Between Stitches, so she has had lots of time to make those nine patches and courthouse squares!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear from you Debbie. I'd love to see Leslie's Country Courthouse. Stay well.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful collection of fabrics. Love how you're playing with them too. The table topper is magnificent and a very useful size however one would want to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the fabrics are beautiful. They will be out in stores soon so I'd better hurry up and finish writing the pattern!

      Delete
  6. A beautiful preview of autumnal quilting - thank you for sharing. The background fabric really caught my eye - gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The background fabric looks very lacey. It is very different and beautiful.

      Delete
  7. The table topper is so warm and welcoming. Fall colors do it the best. Gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you! Hopefully life will be better for everyone in the Fall.

      Delete
  8. It's a beautiful table topper Lynn!! And here's hoping to a wonderful FALL retreat: I hope it can happen! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it can happen too Helen. I just cancelled my June retreat. It's just too early to be able to gather in large groups.

      Delete
  9. That quilt is totally outstanding. I just gotta do it - one day! Hope you are doing well. Sent you an email a while back but never heard anything. Maybe it went to your Spam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you Rose. I'll check my patched55 email to see if one came through from you. I check my email at sewnwildoaks@gmail.com continually throughout the day. I don't check the other one very often. Hope you are well.

      Delete