Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Springtime Lil' Orphan Scrappy

Hello Everyone,

I saw this Springtime Lil' Orphan Scrappy online and contacted the maker to see if I could post it on my blog.  Ellen, thank you so much for saying yes.


I love to see my designs made in a different colorway.  Here's what Ellen said about her quilt.
It's made entirely of scraps from other projects. I wanted to have a springtime feel... a happy warm smile.
Some people think less of scrappy quilts, but honestly I think the time and originality each one takes makes them very special. It's a challenge sometimes to coordinate your scraps into a cohesive look.
I begin by sorting my scraps into groups that looks great together.  You'll know if one of them doesn't fit in and play well with the others.  You know what you like.  Trust your instincts.

Each and every scrap quilt is unique like a snowflake....no two are ever alike.

Make snowflakes today.

Soon,
Lynn

9 comments:

  1. A very beautiful quilts! My favourites are scrappy quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Quilts are my favorite, especially unique ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Katie. Ellen's quilt is unique and beautiful.

      Delete
  3. I saw this one online as well Lynn - good on you for sharing it. Such a pretty, fresh palette. I think she nailed the idea of 'spring'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree 100% with you Marie when you said Ellen nailed it!

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful. It looks wonderful - just as pretty in these colors as yours does in your colors. So different. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing this colorway. Different and beautiful. Stay well!

      Delete
  5. Ellen's quilt is beautiful! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete