Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Return to Elegance

 Hello Everyone,

I've been waiting for this day to arrive for months.  I finally get to reveal the newest line designed by Judie Rothermel from Marcus Fabrics.  This is what filled my sewing room, and my thought process for the several months.


The name of the line is Return to Elegance.  And yes, it is very elegant.




This really is a tease since I can't show the entire quilt until July.  I'll shoot for a July 4th quilt posting of the whole quilt, and nothing but the quilt, complete with fireworks. The name of my quilt is, A Ribbon Runs Through It.  It will be a 10-month Block of the Month offered by quilt shops for Marcus Fabrics.

The program will roll out in January 2022.  Marcus Fabrics offer an excellent program with great attention to detail from their staff of BOM experts.  I've learned so much about the inner workings of a BOM program.  This process started months ago, and they've educated me to their process every step of the way.

Today I'm going to put on the quilt label, and then I'll pack up this beauty and ship it off to New York City for a photo shoot.  You know this always makes me a bit nervous when I put one of my quilts in the mail.  So far, I've shipped all of my quilts via FedEx, and they've arrived safely, and quickly to their destination.

I am so thankful, and appreciate the good people at Marcus Fabrics for trusting me with the task of designing a BOM for them.  It has been a wonderful experience working with them.

Soon,

Lynn






24 comments:

  1. Morning Lynn! These are another beautiful bunch of fabrics. I see this rolled out in January "2021", how come I hadn't seen it? LOL Can't wait to see the BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant 2022. Thanks for spotting that Jeanne. All fixed now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO problem. Thats what we're here for...right? have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Luscious fabrics!!! Looking forward to hearing more about BOM shops offering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for your big reveal, Lynn!!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabrics look beautiful. I can hardly wait to see the quilt itself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very exciting! I can't imagine a better team! I know this quilt will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do I find out if any local store will offer the BOM?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sales reps for Marcus Fabrics will start marketing the BOM to quilt shops next month. I will have a list of shops who will be offering it later on this year. You can always ask your LQS to carry it.

      Delete
    2. FYI--this is my first time on a blog. lol

      Delete
  8. Hello - this fabric is so "yummy!!!" I know the finished product will be just "delicious." :}
    Can't wait...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the big reveal next month. The press release is ready to go, and as soon as I get the go ahead.....it will be posted!

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited to see this luscious new Judie Rothermel line of fabric! Some of them are reminiscent of The Mill Girls line, which was one of my favorites. Now, I'm even more excited to see them in a Lynn Wilder pattern!!! Can't wait for the BOM. I better put it in High gear to finish some UFOs before January! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice! I remember your beautiful Mill Girls quilt. It was gorgeous. You are going to love this new line.

      Delete
  11. What a beautiful line of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is typical Judie Rothermel, and wonderful!

      Delete
  12. I've always loved Judie Rothermel's fabric. Can't wait to see this line.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovin the name of this BOM quilt.
    I'm sure it will be worthy!
    Stay cool and take care, Sharon McD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's the ribbon border....hint, hint.

      Delete
  14. congratulations on being asked to design a BOM: I know it will be beautiful with you in the design seat!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been steering my way through this quilt. You know, I call my long arm a riding lawn mower as I drive it around the quilt top.

      Delete