Saturday, March 4, 2023

Pieceful Gathering Retreat Day 2

 Hello Everyone,

Sixty quilters from all over the US gathered in the ballroom of the Holiday Inn Hotel for the Pieceful Gathering retreat.  It was a bit intimidating when I first walked in and saw the size of the room and thought I'm going to be teaching to a lot of people!

When you go to the Chicago area, you have to have lunch or dinner at Portillos.  A few of us went for lunch yesterday to this eclectic and fun restaurant.  The wait staff thought we were having an adult birthday party.  Some of us split an Italian Beef sandwich and a Chicago hot dog.  I really splurged and had a chocolate cake milk shake and I wasn't about to share.


I spent the day teaching several sessions of Calico Cottages.



I delivered my trunk show last night.


Mr. Joe made a break for the mountains yesterday to get back to the cabin from the Bay Area.  Our son surprised him and made it up before him and cranked up the snowblower while his girlfriend manned the shovel.  They started sending me pictures during the afternoon.  This picture was taken inside the garage looking out to the driveway.  There is a car on the lefthand side which we may see sometime in the Spring.


The kids took this picture as they approached the cabin and saw the garage peeking out from under the snow.


Loni shoveled a path to get inside the cabin.  There's never been this much snow on the roof.

Two more feet of snow are in the weekend forecast.  I hope to be able to get home by Tuesday.

Soon,
Lynn







8 comments:

  1. Wow! Sixty people, over whelming to me but I'm sure you we fine after the initial sight of everyonr in the room. Have a great time. Love the snow pictures.....its like finding Waldo (where's the cabin)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm breaking the lectures into smaller groups and it's working well.

      Delete
  2. Good morning. I know you’re having a wonderful trip and those ladies are being treated to a special person. When I first saw the picture of the room with all the ladies in it, It looks like a bunch of halos on the ceiling :-). Very well could be. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look like halos, which is very fitting for this group of women.

      Delete
  3. 2 More feet and Loni will disappear! I'm kicking myself for not going to the retreat, Lynn! Next time, give me a little extra shove!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have had a wonderful time, Candace. Shove, shove....

      Delete
  4. I agree with Candice!!!! Give us an extra shove…… not a shovel! What a gift you are to the 60 people! Any lucky men quilters? Glad your family surprised Mr.
    Joe and Massey. That was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Madeleine.....we need more shovels! There is one man who is very involved in the set up of the retreat, and is so helpful.....he's also a quilter and made my Country Courthouse pattern. You can see the quilt on my Sunday post.

      Delete