Monday, April 17, 2023

Bridle Path Media

Hello Everyone,

I was thrilled to see this very short video which is part of the media kit for my block of the month for Marcus Fabrics.  


I love the music selected for the video.

I've been busy here getting ready for the first Sew'n Wild Oaks retreat of the year.  The girls roll into town on Sunday, April 23rd.  I'm making name tags and putting a new tutorial together for foundation paper-piecing. It would also be a good idea if I cleaned the cabin too!

The pattern for Bridle Path is written and in the hands of the technical reviewer.  My sister and good friend Paula also reviewed the pattern.  The quilt is in the hands of the machine quilter.  There just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done, and something had to go......so I elected to not quilt the quilt myself.  It's really hard for me to let it go of the entire quilt process. I have one quilter who's the best, and I trust her vision for the quilt. 

Over the past few weeks, I've felt like a gerbil in a bingo cage being spun upside down and sideways with letters and numbers. Writing a pattern is very intense, especially a large pattern.  I also had to write all of the cutting directions for the shop owners, so they know exactly how much fabric to cut each month.  It is such a relief, let me repeat that in all caps, RELIEF to have this off my plate.  I wanted to get everything completed prior to the retreat so that I could be somewhat relaxed when the girls arrive. I may just curl up in the fetal position and let the girls run amuck during the retreat. Not a bad idea, right?

Would you believe we are supposed to get a dusting of snow tonight and tomorrow!!!  Winter just doesn't want to loosen its hold on us. 

I'm off to clean my sewing room so the girls won't think poorly of my lack of organizational skills.

Soon,
Lynn



 

6 comments:

  1. I am SEW looking forward to Bridle Path, it's the only kit I'm doing this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sew sweet, Anne! I'll be here every step of the way.

      Delete
  2. To the sound of ancient trumpets: "CONGRATULATIONS!!!!" To the screams from the rest of us: "LOOK OUT...THE GERBIL'S LOOSE!!!"
    Well done Lynn. This is truly an amazing production showing us your love of everything quilting and your love of sharing with and teaching all of us. Thank you!!! Brava!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful quilt, Lynn! Love the colors! Have fun with the first retreat of the season. That mind of yours never stops, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfection, Lynn! Love the video and September won't come soon enough!!! (Well, maybe the August retreat, too ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The video is perfect. Very exciting Lynn. The colors and design of this quilt are scrumptious. Enjoy all those wonderful women.

    ReplyDelete