Friday, April 21, 2023

Calico Cottages Tutorial

 Hello Everyone,

I've been busy here under the pines at Sew'n Wild Oaks.  My first retreat of the year begins on Sunday.  The project for all of the retreats this year is my Calico Cottages pattern. I've been making more of these addicting cottages using my fabric collection called HEARTHSTONE by Marcus Fabrics.  The line will be out this summer.


I put a new tutorial together which you can download and print.  You can find the tutorial by clicking HERE. The tutorial walks you through the assembly of the roof section of the cottage.  Once you 'nail down' the process for the roof, the same technique applies to all of the other sections of the cottage. 




The pattern is available in my Etsy shop HERE.

Yesterday was a major cleaning of the cabin day.  Since I've been soooo busy pattern writing, I've neglected basic cabin cleaning.  Now it caught up with me, and yesterday there was a major de-cobwebbing, is that a word?  

While I worked inside, Mr. Joe tried to get caught up outside.  We had another dusting of snow during the week, so all of his planned chores were delayed by a few days. We put out all of the deck furniture and cushions yesterday......we think the snow might be over for the year......famous last words.  Otherwise, it's like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic when we have to haul it all back inside.  I finally feel like Spring is in the air and we actually had some quality time on the deck with appetizers and wine yesterday afternoon at the end of our workday. 

I'm so glad that gorgeous weather in in the forecast for next week while all of the girls are here.  I'm looking forward to many daily walks around Snowflake Lake.


If you remove the letters RE from the word RETREAT, you get TREAT.  Next week will be a real TREAT for all of us.  We don't have to cook; all meals are provided.  We get to quilt, laugh, eat, walk, and spend time with other quilters who share our passion for quilting.  

I'll be posting pictures throughout the week of the girls, their projects, and our fun time together.

Soon,
Lynn


5 comments:

  1. Love the fabric and pattern. Can't wait for the fabric to become available. Have a great retreat or remove the "re" and you will have a great treat next week with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Signing up for a retreat is a treat you give to yourself.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe all that snow is GONE! A
    Though I'm sure there are big, plowed piles still melting away! You deserve a treat next week, Lynn! I know I'll hear the laughter all the way up here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for September to get here!!! It looks like it'll be great weather this weekend for your first retreat! In the meantime, I'll practice up on my cottage making. Is there a way to make this into a PDF to print?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie. The original document is a PDF. I can print it Julie when it pops up from Google Doc. I can email it to you.

      Delete