Thursday, June 1, 2023

Pumpkins for Fall

Hello Everyone,

It's never too early to start preparing projects for Fall.  This little pumpkin made me smile all day long whenever I looked at it.


Instead of using my normal blind applique stitch using silk thread, I decided to do a buttonhole stitch on the entire pumpkin using Valdani thread.  I still have more to do on this cutie, and maybe I'll finish it today.  I used a variegated thread along the purple side of the pumpkin.  

I discovered that I love working with wool combined with the cotton.  I love the comforting feeling of the wool and the ease of use.  It was so pleasant yesterday I decided to sit and stitch outside on the deck and listen to the melody of the birds.  Who needs iTunes, I had nature singing to me with happy chirping.

I haven't tired of working with my fabric line and just keep dreaming up new ways to use it in combination with the luscious Lanacot wool which is also manufactured by Marcus Fabrics.

I placed a huge order of my Hearthstone line with Marcus Fabrics.  The bolts and bolts should arrive by the end of July. My goal is to put a pumpkin kit together for my next three retreats.  Kits take forever to make, so wish me luck with them.  I may have to call on my friends to help me cut kits and fondle fabric for a day or two.


On another note, Mr. Joe is in sourdough bread making mode.  We had friends over for dinner the other night and he decided to make a gorgeous sourdough loaf.  He's got this process down after enduring many loaves the size and consistency of a hockey puck. Persistence was key.  


I hope you all have a great day doing what you enjoy.  Remember the key word is persistence.

Soon,
Lynn



 

8 comments:

  1. Let's see if I get this right. You used Valdanni threads but is it done on the sewing machine or by hand. What weight thread or was it floss? It is simply beautiful. I recognize the pumpkin pattern is similar to the Harvest wall hanging of years ago. Where do you get all of your ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is all done by hand with a size '12' Valdani thread. The pumpkin pattern is a bit similar to the pumpkins in Harvest of Hope. More pumpkins are on the way!

      Delete
  2. I SO love this, Lynn! I saw that FQS is even carrying a wide-backing in your new line and, of course, signed up to be notified when it arrives! I just can't wait to get my hands on the entire line! Hugs, Candace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love working with my own fabric! I'm so glad you like the pumpkin.

      Delete
  3. Love your beautiful new fabric and your purple pumpkin is sweet. I also like working with a mix of wool & cotton. Glad your weather is nice enough to sit outside & stitch. We're hot, hot, hot! Thankfully the humidity hasn't arrived yet and there is a slight6 breeze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been so beautiful here for the last few days, but next week is looking a bit stormy with thunderstorms in the afternoon. I'd better get my stitching done soon!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I would love to be able to grow a purple pumpkin.

      Delete