Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Second Time Around for Toyland Tree

Hello Everyone,

I'm getting ready to teach Toyland Tree this Sunday, so I sat down and started making the quilt again and got everything ready to teach the class.  This time around, I'm using a white background with little black polka dots to really change things up.  It's a whole new ballgame working on a white background.  Four different plaids for one block works for me! Checks, polka dots.....the only thing I'm missing is a fabric with  stripes.  I'll put his little face together once he's stitched down.


I prepared all of my pieces by tracing them on the applique paper.  I hadn't intended to get so much finished, but it kept me from pacing the room while I was watching the football game Sunday.  Go Niners!  I still have lots to do on this little guy, but the hard part is finished.  I love, absolutely LOVE to sit and stitch my applique.  I look forward to it every evening AND an added bonus, it keeps me awake!  If I just sit and watch TV, I not only feel like I'm wasting time, but I fall asleep in a nanosecond. (Unless I'm watching Downton Abbey....I never fall asleep during that show.) If I keep busy, I can stay awake for hours and stitch to my hearts content.


Here's the bear the first time around.


For those of you that are just now receiving your Toyland Tree BOM in the mail, the fabric key or swatch sheet is located HERE.

So here's to staying awake on these cold winter evenings, working on an applique project. It's relaxing and extremely satisfying.

Soon,
Lynn

P.S. The Marti Michell corner trimmer that I demonstrated in the Country Charmer post are available HERE. It takes a bit of extra effort to cut off your corners, but it pays off in the end with perfect alignment.  There are plenty of Country Charmer patterns at In Between Stitches too.


6 comments:

  1. Oh, this is going to really POP on the white - how exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to have Toyland on a white background, Lynn! It will be great to see your progress on this one! Hee - I think we would be twins sitting in our chairs stitching and watching Downton Abbey! It's definitely the only way I stay awake!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks! I love those bears. So cute. And yes, Go Niners. I called the store Sat to see about that ruler but she was by herself. Wish I would have called back. That's a great price. I will have to order it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little bear with all those great fabrics! And yes, I never fall asleep watching Downton Abbey...but I actually watch it the next morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's so sweet and I love his jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE PATTERN OF THE BEAR. wHERE
    CAN I GET IT.
    FHIGGINS@WK.NET

    ReplyDelete