Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Last Row???

Hello Everyone,
 
Now I need to make 24 of these blocks in different shades of blue and gold for the last border for Emilie Elizabeth.  Don't expect them to be finished for a few days or weeks.  This block adds a new quilting component to the mix, a square in a triangle in each corner of the block.
 

This top now covers the top of my queen bed.  I'd like to say I planned that, but it was just pure luck that it ended up that size. 


I'm keying this post in through tired eyes.  A thunder and lightning storm, and buckets of rain kept us awake for part of last night.  On one hand it was wonderful to hear the rain, but the thunder made it hard to sleep while listening to the pitter patter of the rain.

I friend is dropping by for lunch today, so it's time to do a little picking up and the housework that I put off from yesterday.  I had other, more important things to do!

Soon,
Lynn

10 comments:

  1. Your design is coming together beautifully. Thanks for sharing the journey and I can't wait to see the finished result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so pretty! Yes, thank you for sharing your journey with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, your quilt is just so beautiful! I love the fabrics you've chosen and the combination of baskets, medallion centre, and that gorgeous pieced border!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn, this gorgeous! You are so talented! Beautiful fabrics,too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blocks for your last border !! We had the thunder & lightning too ! I see a nap for me today ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking amazing! I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we had the same storm last night, Lynn! I'm loving the new block - it would stand alone a quilt! Happy lunching!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way it is looking, can not wait

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I were Emilie Elizabeth looking down from heaven, I'd be so proud and touched being remembered by my Grandaughter in such a lovely way. It's positively beautiful.

    ReplyDelete