Monday, February 18, 2019

Preparations for a Lecture and Workshop

Hello Everyone,
 
Today I'm getting ready for my lecture and workshop to the Piece by Piece Quilters Guild in Morgan Hill this Thursday.
 
First order of business is gathering up all of the quilts around the cabin and pack them by order of appearance in my lecture.  My trunk show includes about 25 quilts.
 

 
A lot of the quilts are stored in this cabinet.  The rest are sprinkled around the cabin, tucked here, there, and everywhere.  Sometimes I feel like I'm going on an Easter Egg hunt looking for a certain quilt.  I'm always moving them around.
 


 
I took pictures of a few of the quilts as I put them on the bed and refolded them to fit into their bags. 
 
Toyland Tree

Lil' Orphan Scrappy

For the Love of Baskets

Madrigal

Spoken For

The House on Edgewood Lane

Country Sunshine

This is my impersonation of the Princess and the Pea bed. We never worry about being cold......but we could be smothered by the weight of all the quilts.
 
 
The morning greeted us with crystal blue sky.  As the temps warn, we are showered with silver glitter.  People are beginning to surface from their cabins.  You can hear the hooting and hollering of children playing out in the woods. 
 
 
 I wish I could navigate my way out to the back yard to take a picture of the back of the cabin.  But, that is not going to happen.  There isn't any chance of dragging this old gal through the hip-deep snow.  If I toppled over, there is absolutely no way I could become vertical again.
 
Next I have to work on my pattern bin, and make sure I'm taking enough patterns to sell.  The bins are in the garage, and it's cold up there!  I'll put on my gloves, coat, and brave the cold weather. 
 
I may actually get some quilting done today.  What a novel idea!
 
Soon,
Lynn

3 comments:

  1. your snow is very pretty - but yes you are probably getting tired of it by now. I love all your snowmen on that shelve in your first photo and of course all of you quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a quilt show it is and on a beautiful day to boot!!!!! Have fun with the Piece by Piecers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you are feeling better? Hope so.

    ReplyDelete