Friday, March 22, 2019

My Progress

Hello Everyone,
 
I'm on a roll on this quilt.  I'm obsessed with these little 5-1/2" blocks.
 


I'm surprised at how many 1" strips I've used to date.  I didn't know I had so many shirtings, and they are all being used in this quilt.  I want to get another row added today.  The good news is the longest row is now done and attached to the quilt. 

Sewing the rows together is my least favorite part of quilting.  To reward myself for getting another row completed, I will stop and make more 9-patches and incorporate them into the blocks.  Today I get to make more Courthouse Step blocks...my favorite.

I guess I'm obsessed with this quilt since I "dreamed" up a border last night.  Luckily I remembered it when I woke up.  The problem is that it adds a whole new level of detail to the quilt.  I guess I'll be cutting more and more 1" strips!

Remember this little table topper?  I started my new Sweet Sapling line of patterns with this quilt called Cute as a Button. The plan was that a Sweet Sapling would grow into a mighty quilt.  This is the seed that started it all.


I'm already planning my next Sweet Sapling pattern.  I'm wondering what it is going to look like when it grows up?

Enjoy your weekend.  I will be preparing for my class at Quail's Nest in Sonora on Wednesday, then I head to the Golden Valley Guild in Citrus Heights for a lecture on Thursday, and a workshop on Saturday.  The problem is more snow is in the forecast.  I'll either get snowed in or snowed out.  I thought it was Spring???

Soon,
Lynn

4 comments:

  1. Progress indeed! It is gorgeous. I'll bet you see 1" strips in your sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Love seeing your progress. The quilt is stunning, but 1" strips are intimidating.

    ReplyDelete