Monday, March 4, 2019

Scrapalicious Cute as a Button

Hello Everyone,
 
I've been hunkering down at the cabin while the wind blows and the constant rain melts the snow.  It has been perfect quilting weather to work on my super-sized Cute as a Button quilt.
 

I cut hundreds of one inch strips that I'm going to incorporate into this quilt.  As long as I use the same "type" of fabric, in this case reproductions, it all works beautifully together.  I pulled out every scrap of shirting fabric that I own.  My goal is to use what I have right out of my stash.


This is what 80, 6-1/2" blocks look like.  I still have a long way to go to fill up my 72" design all.  I really do enjoy making the blocks.  I don't get bored by any stretch of the imagination.  I don't over think what colors should go in each block.  It just works.  It's a melting pot of color and warmth. 

I'm sewing the blocks together diagonally.  I haven't sewn the rows together just yet in case I want to make a change here and there.  For me, sewing the rows together is the least pleasurable part of quilting.  If I work on it as I go, then the task doesn't seem as daunting.


I can envision the finished quilt.  That vision keeps me going 9-patch after 9-patch, and block after block.  What a great use of 1" strips. I know we all have them......a ton of them.

Along with quilting, I've been plugging away on my taxes to get everything ready to hand over to the accountant.  What a bore!  The taxes, not the accountant.....well let me think about that one.

I've also been getting ready for my workshop and lecture to the Quilters' Sew-Ciety of Redding this week.  I leave this morning to meet up with my sister and spend the night at her house.  We will drive to Redding tomorrow morning and I'll be back on Thursday. 

When I look at the weather forecast on my phone, all is see is rain and more snow for my area.  I know my daffodils are somewhere under all the snow.  Maybe, just maybe we'll be get to see them one of these days.

Soon,
Lynn

 

7 comments:

  1. So cute! My favorite quilts of yours (or anyone's for that matter) are the scrappy ones. Isn't it nice to be snowed in (or rained in, as in my case) so we have an excuse to sew all day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeps growing more fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving it Lynn! You have much more patience than I!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good - love this pattern - on my list!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love - Love - LOVE this small-scraps project!!! Taxes. . . Those are still looming for me. I know we're going to have to pay several thousand this year, so I've been waiting far longer than normal. My friend urged me last month to hurry up, or someone might steal our return. Return? Congress already stole it to pay for the break they gave the billionaires! :D :D :D Besides, anyone who wants to steal this year's return and pay our bill is very welcome to do so. :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete