Saturday, March 9, 2019

My Week

Hello Everyone,
 
As usual, my week has been a busy one......and a rainy, snowy one.  I decided to put Country Sunshine out on the wishing well, and wish for some sunshine.  It didn't work.....more snow is predicted today.
 

When I left on Monday for Redding, we had about two feet of snow on the ground.  Then the torrential rains came and washed a lot of it away.  Now the snow was back yesterday.  The wishing well and snow was the perfect backdrop for Toyland Tree.  Even though it is March according to the calendar....it looks like December.


It also feels like December.  It is 28 degrees this morning.  Now we have our own personal ice skating rink around the house.  During our February storm, I wanted to get out back and take a picture of the cabin, but I couldn't get through the hip-deep snow.  This picture will just have to do.


Now let me tell you about the wonderful trip my sister Gail and I had to the quilt guild in Redding.  It was a dark and storming Tuesday night in the northern part of our state, and the quilters arrived anyway for my lecture.  They were delightful women!


They laughed in all of the right places during my talk.


 
Wednesday morning we hit the ground running with my Patchwork Math class.  Just look at some of their creativity.











Lori and Vicki prepared the nicest buffet lunch for the class.





The workshop was held at The Sewing Room quilt shop and Crafters Mall on Park Marina Drive in Redding.  Such a cute and interesting shop.  It is 3/4 quilt shop and the rest provides stalls for crafters.  It is a fun place to shop, and owner Cyndi is a hoot! 



It was a long, 6-hour drive home to my Mr. Joe and my Mazey through torrential rain and double rainbows.  I'm going back to Redding in May on my extended tour from Susanville, to Red Bluff, then back to Redding.  I've found a haven of quilters who love traditional quilting and reproduction fabrics.  I'm greatly looking forward to my return trip to meet up with my new friends.

I'm finishing up my tax preparations today.  If I didn't have to gather so much for the business, I would have been done days ago.  What a chore!  Just when I think I'm so organized.....I'm not.

Soon,
Lynn

6 comments:

  1. Great share, Lynn..on every level! Good luck with your taxes :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get your math book every so often and play. Looks like a fun time had by all. I got my business taxes in, but not as big a business as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn I knew there was a good reason to go to the quilt guild meeting, but it was raining and I live in the mountains...not something I like to drive in at night. I will not miss your next visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quilters are like the post office employees - neither rain, nor snow, nor dark of night will keep them from getting to a quilty event such as yours! Looks like great fun, and a delicious spread!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the spring snow sure did make a gorgeous backdrop for the quilts - really love your wishing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree that as much as I love winter, I have had enough of this one! We have also had snow-rain-snow-rain ick! Looks like you had a ball at your workshop anyway. And I must say that your quilts do look pretty in all that white stuff!

    ReplyDelete