Monday, March 9, 2020

Country Courthouse Was In Session

Hello Everyone,
 
Here are some wonderful blocks the girls made in class for Country Courthouse.
 

Carrie started working on her quilt ahead of time, and brought (229) 2" x 2" 9-patches.  You will need to make 405 9-patches for the large quilt.  Carrie is over halfway there!


Jean made a lot of 9-patches ahead of time too.


Blocks were born......adorable blocks.


Carrie chain-pieced about 8 blocks at a time while making her Courthouse Steps blocks.


Heidi's quilt is going to be made in beautiful blues.



Jean's is going to be made in brights.



I love this center 9-patch.


Stripes work so well in the blocks.

 
If you don't want to make the large version of this quilt, you can always make a smaller version called Cute as a Button.  Whatever size you make, it is fun, and addicting.

 
I'll be with my Sew'n Wild Oaks girls today and tomorrow.  Fun times are ahead.
 
Soon,
Lynn
 

8 comments:

  1. I love seeing the different colorways!! Looks like an exciting day at class, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing the different colorways too Paula. That's one of my favorite things about designing.....seeing a different spin on my designs. --Lyn

      Delete
  2. These girls really produce. I always enjoy these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having made some log cabins lately, I haven't been all that drawn to make another any time soon BUT I keep seeing them with tiny blocks in the center or a heart or something that gives it more interest. I just really like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having something in the center is much more interesting.....and fun to make.

      Delete
  4. How exciting to see these blocks birthing right in front of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to watch them grow. I'm the proud grandma!

      Delete