Saturday, March 7, 2020

Progress With Far Horizons Fabrics

 Hello Everyone,

It's been a very productive week under the pines at Wilder's Last Resort. There's been a lot of raking, and a whole lot of quilting going on.

 
Eight blocks done, eight more to go on my project for Henry Glass & Co.  I'm making my Spoken For pattern this month.  The blocks are going together quickly because I'm enjoying every minute working on them.  Each 8" block is it's own little quilt.  I enjoy selecting the fabrics, and seeing the design they make when they are together.
 

 
Here is the entire, delicious Far Horizons line designed by David Shultz.  This is his first line that David has designed!  I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.
 


On another note, the taxes are now out of my hair and in the hands of our accountant.  Luckily for us, there is a new restaurant right across the street from the accountant's office called The Watering Hole.  After working on the taxes on and off for days, I deserved that brewski!  I don't drink beer very often, and that mug of Jolly Pumpkin hit the spot.   It didn't taste like pumpkin at all, more like lemon.  I was feeling jolly by the time we finished our meal.

In a comment the other day, QuiltGranma asked me to describe my Henry Glass & Co., Madam Ambassador hat.  I've always wanted a Fascinator, and I wore a cake topper, (my pretend Fascinator) on my head last Halloween at my Sew'n Wild Oaks retreat at Snowflake Lodge. So there you have it, my Madam Ambassador hat is a fascinating cake topper!


I'm headed out to teach Country Courthouse at In Between Stitches tomorrow.  This is the quilt that is going to be in QuiltMania magazine this Fall.  Then on Monday and Tuesday I get to spend two wonderful days with my Sew'n Wild Oaks girls. This is going to be a Jolly Pumpkin kind of week!


Be jolly,

Madam Ambassador

6 comments:

  1. Love your hat, Madam Ambassador! And I love your spoken for blocks. I love your description of them: each block is a mini quilt! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! I'm having the best time making these little blocks. --Lynn

      Delete
  2. You had me ‘in stitches’ as my Grandma Knowles would have said. Then to top it off, “this is going to be a jolly pumpkin kind of week.” So nice to start my busy day with humor. The new fabrics look so inviting and the Country Courthouse quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Grandma Ross used to say the same thing! Have a jolly week. --Lynn

      Delete
  3. Well, Madam Ambassador, that is quite the hat! Thanks for showing it... Doesn't it need a big swoopy feather of some kind?

    ReplyDelete