Thursday, March 5, 2020

Moda Block Head #8

Hello Everyone,
 
I took off my Madam Ambassador hat yesterday, and put on my Moda Block Head hat and made block #8.
 

Here are all of my 8" blocks so far.


I combined four different lines from Betsy Chutchian. The lines are; Sarah’s Story, Harriet’s Handwork, Nancy’s Needle, and Susanna’s Scraps.  They all work so beautifully together.  My next goal is going to work in some of Betsy's purples into this mix.  There will be over 50 blocks at the completion of the program, so I think I will be able to do it.

During this lull in rain and snow, Mr. Joe and I have been out raking pine needles.  Yesterday was a beautiful, crystal clear day with a gorgeous blue sky.  It felt good to be outside and away from the sewing machine for more than a nanosecond.  I'm actually surprised that I don't have a lot of aches and pains today.  Yes, we could hire a yard cleaner, but we are going to keep raking as long as we are able.  If we stop......then that means we are getting old.  I refuse to get old!  I'll take my rake with me to the grave.

Today I'm going to finish up everything I need to get to the tax accountant.  Insert very, VERY grumpy face :( here. I would much rather rake and enjoy the great outdoors.

Soon,
Lynn

 

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful block, Lynn! I love how you fussycut the patches. Now I'm picturing you ala American Gothic, with you rake in hand, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Don't forget the plaid robe and plaid slippers too!

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful block - I really like the floral fabrics you added. Definitely a good sign to keep doing yard work as long as you are able. Tax work, yuck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting. The floral fabric is so pretty, and I don't have a great deal of it left. I would much rather do yard work than the taxes! --Lynn

      Delete
  3. I think everyone would rather do most anything other than taxes! Your block is a real beauty, i can imagine an entire quilt with that lovely floral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used most of the floral in my Country Romance quilt. It really is a romantic print.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's all the little details that really add to the overall look of the block and quilt.

      Delete
  5. nice blocks...my mother is 93 and goes to walmart and refuses to use a scooter...she says she will walk as long as she is able, which of course keeps her walking...right attitude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for her! We have to keep on keeping on. I think quilting keeps our brains engaged. Now I have to engage the body! --Lynn

      Delete
  6. I need to lose 10 more pounds before they will give me hip surgery (no cartilage) so today I was out planting roots for a beautiful perennial garden next year or so. Wore me out. When I go to the store I use the shopping cart as my walker! Got to get my exercise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will be enjoying, and weeding your garden soon! --Lynn

      Delete