Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Far Horizons Progress

Hello Everyone,
 
I've been happily working away with the Far Horizons fabrics by David Shultz for Henry Glass & Co.  

David designed the fabrics using the colors of Australia as his inspiration and color palette.  I see the deep, rich blue of the Great Barrier Reef, the golden hues of the Outback, and the dusty green of eucalyptus leaves.  I saw his inspiration the instant I opened the package from Henry Glass & Co.


I'm making my Spoken For pattern with the fabrics.  I think it is going to be an excellent way to showcase this gorgeous fabric line which will be in stores soon.  As I get the time, I will put a tutorial together for this block, and post it on the blog.


I have to tell you I have my Madam Ambassador hat on while I write this post.  Just picture this, plaid pink and black fuzzy robe, red and black buffalo check pajamas, and plaid slippers with snowflakes on them.  I'm quite the site over breakfast every morning with my fashion statement.  It's enough to scare the bears away!  Hopefully the husband will stick around.

Soon,
Madam Ambassador

 

11 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! Your fashion statement sounds comfy to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheree. Yes, I am comfortable.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Is the Oooo La La for my blocks or my fashion statement? I'm going to claim it for myself!

      Delete
  3. love hearing your fashion statement :) I have a huge white fuzzy robe that is ancient to the point that I actually cut the cuffs of of the robe at one time as they got in the way but not to the point of buying a new one (and I never hemmed the sleeves!)
    I love that Henry Glass fabric line

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes those old, comfy robes are the best!

      Delete
  4. Um, you did NOT describe the kind of hat the ambassador wears! Top hat, slouch hat, cloche, feathers, plain, felt, frilly...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear QuiltGranma,
      I'm wearing a vintage fascinator.....since I'm just fascinating! Thank you for asking. LOL

      Delete