Friday, February 25, 2022

More Country Sampler Blocks

 Hello Everyone,

I'm still making more blocks for my Country Sampler quilt in preparation for my class at a retreat hosted by Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop in Fox River Grove, IL.


I combined the red polka dot from Maria's Sky fabric with Mary Ann's Gift fabric by Betsy Chutchian, and created this block.

I just love how all of Betsy Chutchian's fabrics play well together.  I stored the last two lines in an old toolbox.  Fabric has always been part of my decorating scheme.  I rotate fabrics through this toolbox since it is such a good way to see and have the fabric at my fingertips.


We had a dusting of snow the other day.  I took this picture of the lake in the early afternoon on our walk.  That water looked positively frigid!  By early evening, we had about 4 inches of snow.  It was so cold, that it froze overnight.  We couldn't get out of our driveway until noontime, and even then, had a bit of trouble on the road.  This is the first time in over 50 days that we've received any kind of precipitation.  This mega-drought is getting very scary.


I was in the classroom yesterday at Quail's Nest Quilt Shop in Sonora teaching A Ribbon Runs Through It to a delightful group of women.  I haven't been in a classroom very often due to Covid.  It felt so good to be in the company of quilters.

I had another Zoom call with the good people at Marcus Fabrics on Wednesday.  It's full steam ahead on my fabric line.  To say that I'm thrilled is an understatement.

Soon,
Lynn

3 comments:

  1. Great news about your fabric line, Lynn!!!!! Maybe some of the steam will melt any remaining ice! Your Country Sampler in the Chutchian fabrics will be beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working on the fabric line is going to be challenging, yet inspiring.

      Delete
  2. I am very excited about your upcoming fabric line! I know it will be exquisite.

    ReplyDelete