Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Pieceful Gathering Mini Quilt Show

Hello Everyone,

I'm finally getting around to posting the pictures of the Show & Tell session at the Pieceful Gathering retreat.  The quilts were amazing! So welcome to the Pieceful Gathering Show & Tell mini-quilt show.  This first table topper is made in wool.  So beautiful and whimsical!


My friend Deborah brought three quilts which she made from my designs.  The first quilt is from my pattern called Zinnie's Choice which she made with Ann's Arbor fabric by Minick and Simpson.  Deborah is from Ann Arbor.

Deborah also made my Crossing the Pond quilt.  She made the quilt her own by placing additional ships around the center star.  I just love the fabrics Deborah used in her borders which gives it such an antique look and feel.  This quilt is stunning. 

Deborah also made my Leaf Peepers design with Kim Diehl fabrics. 


The show & tell was incredible.  You can see the advanced skill level of this group of quilters.


This amazing piece is made with wool.  Pieceful Gathering has a wonderful selection of wool, and a nice selection of kits.  Several kits and a lot of wool and thread followed me back to California!

Here's another wool project.


I love the Santa hiding in the trees.


Mother / Daughter creations.  How much fun it would be to sit and quilt with my mom....sigh.  


Here are some pictures of more inspirational quilts.










Corky is making my Country Courthouse design.  He is well on his way to a finished quilt.


Cindy, a part-time employee at the shop is making my Country Charmer design.  The red, white and blue theme is going to be wonderful!


It was such a fun group of quilters!  Gail and I enjoyed each and every one of you.


I've actually been working in my sewing room over the past few days and will have something to show you very soon.  I've been preparing kits and I'm working on tutorials for my upcoming Sew'n Wild Oaks Retreat at the end of April.  I'm looking forward to being surrounded by quilters!

Soon,
Lynn

14 comments:

  1. How beautiful. Deborah's quilts are gorgeous, and I like her "Crossing the Pond" adaption. A very talented group of women. The wool quilts and blocks are so fun and pretty. Looks like something I am going to have to try. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah's Crossing the Pond was gorgeous! I'm so anxious to make something in wool. It really appeals to me.

      Delete
  2. Every time you post, Lynn, it's like going to a quilt show. Thank you for sharing these beauties...a great way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just waking up and getting up is a great way to start my day! Yes, it was a great quilt show to see in person.

      Delete
  3. What an amazing quilt show, Lynn! So many talented quilters! Can't wait to see what you do with wool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the girls were very talented! My "wool" thinking cap is on.

      Delete
  4. Oh! That Welcome piece really speaks to me. Is there a pattern out there somewhere or is someone so talented? Just beautiful! As is everything else..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Welcome piece in wool is a Stacey West design....I think. It was so pretty.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the lovely trunk showw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pictures can't do the show justice. Thank you for commenting, Maureen.

      Delete
  6. Merci de partager avec nous ce "show and tell" qui nous permet de voir de belles courtepointes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les courtepointes étaient très incroyables et si bien faites.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful quilts, lovely designer! Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete