Sunday, March 20, 2022

Pieceful Gathering Retreat

 Hello Everyone,

It's hard to believe that I've been back home for almost six days from the Pieceful Gathering Retreat in Illinois, and I haven't posted yet!  In my defense, when I'm gone for six days, I come home to days and days of paperwork and many things needing immediate attention for my business.  In a nutshell, Gail and I had an absolutely incredible time at the retreat!

This is the pattern that I taught, my Country Sampler design.


Every morning, we met with our friends in the dining room which overlooked the frozen lake.  Our friends came from Michigan, Tennessee, and Nevada.  Quilters flew in from all around the country to attend the retreat.

The room at the retreat was huge and the lighting was wonderful.


The retreat started with a buffet dinner on Friday night.


Dinner was followed by my trunk show and talk. The group laughed in all of the right places and not one quilter fell asleep! Prior to the retreat, I sent several boxes of quilts.  It always makes me a little nervous mailing so many quilts, but they all made it safe and sound.



Bright and early Saturday morning, I started teaching Country Sampler and Patchwork Math.






It was great seeing other fabric lines working up beautifully in the pattern.









By the end of the retreat, the ribbon border started to appear in the classroom around the blocks.





We enjoyed spending time with our friend Deborah, who drove over from Michigan.


Katie, and Carrie are just as much fun in person as they are on Facebook Live.  If you are on Facebook, follow Pieceful Gathering quilt shop HERE.  They have FB live every other Thursday, and you can tune in this Thursday, the 24th.  Here in the West, I tune in at 8:30am.


Of course, we had time for some shenanigans.  Carrie and I were entertaining the group during Fat Quarter Bingo.

My next post will showcase the quilts during the show and tell on Saturday night.  The show and tell was VERY impressive!

We had snow, and we experienced 7-degree temperatures, with a wind chill making it even colder.  For the most part, we just stayed inside of the hotel at Crystal Lake, and we were warm and toasty.

Katie and Carrie invited us back again for the retreat next year and we will be there in a heartbeat.  It is so much fun spending quality time with quilters.  We made some new friends, and we are looking forward to the Pieceful Gathering retreat next year!

Thank you, Katie and Carrie, for making our visit so special.  Many thanks to the quilters who welcomed us.  What fun we had!

Soon,
Lynn














6 comments:

  1. Oh Lynn, a wonderful retreat in a gorgeous setting. And SNOW that you didn't have to shovel!! It sure looks like everyone caught on to your patchwork math and the posted blocks prove it!!! Can't wait for the Show & Tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The show and tell is going to be impressive!

      Delete
  2. It looks like you and everyone else had a wonderful time!! The blocks are beautiful. Can't wait for the show and tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could have joined us, Julie. We had a great time!

      Delete
  3. The retreat went So Well!! I kept hearing the attendees tell Katie and Carrie how wonderful Lynn & Gail were. Yes, I was evesdropping but the gushing and complementing was very easy to over hear! As I had already completed my Country Sampler in 2019 (from Lynn's cruise) I worked on my A River Runs Through It BOM....managed to get 1.5 blocks done!!! Might have been distracted by all the shenanigans, games, give aways, beautiful quilts, pop-up store, actual Pieceful Gathering store visit and just general good times with wonderful quilty ladies. As always - an eventful retreat with Lynn Wilder!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great being able to spend so much time with you at the retreat, Lynn. I enjoyed our morning time together over breakfast. You girls are just so much fun to be with! Gail and I are looking forward to being at the retreat next year!

      Delete