Thursday, May 18, 2023

Bridle Path Photoshoot

 Hello Everyone,

We had a little mini photoshoot of Bridle Path yesterday.  This quilt is a new block of the month for Marcus Fabrics using my Hearthstone fabrics.


I'm mailing it off to Marcus Fabrics today and I won't see her for a while.


We have to wait for the sun to almost set before we can hang the quilt outside to get a picture without sunshine and shadows.

I was ecstatic with Dianne Schweickert's incredible machine quilting. Every aspect is so beautiful.



I like to get an image of the entire quilt head on, but yesterday it was hard to do.


A Stellar Jay has set up housekeeping in the outdoor umbrella.


This is the same umbrella that took a long nap under a blanket of snow this Winter.



We didn't want to disturb her and leave the nest.  She never moved while we were out and about.  She's going to be a great mom.


The bears are out and about and coming at us four at a time!  Our next-door neighbor's Ring camera captured a movie yesterday morning of this bear family.  Mazey was barking a lot and now we know why....she could bearly stand it!  Since the weather has been so pleasant and mild, we keep the front and back doors open with just the screen separating us from the wildlife.  We will be super vigilant on our neighborhood walks now that Spring has sprung, and the bears are out and about.  We wouldn't want us or Mazey to get between this mom and her tribe of triplets.  Between the birds and the bears, we have critters all around us.


Soon,
Lynn




14 comments:

  1. You are never short on wildlife stories in the north woods! Your quilt is just stunning, Lynn!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring is just the beginning of wildlife season up here in the mountains!

      Delete
  2. My friend was just telling me this morning that on her bike ride in Cades Cove TN yesterday, the bear patrol stopped the bikes bc there was a mama bear and babies on both sides of the trail. Spring has officially sprung. Love reading your posts! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Spring in the mountains. Everything is so fresh, new, green and humming with activity. It makes me happy that you enjoy reading my posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to begin making this beauty, Lynn! It will be a legacy quilt for sure! I'm sorry to hear the wildlife is back - perhaps with all the moisture, the berry bushes up higher will call them away! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the phrase 'legacy quilt'. We aren't sorry the wildlife is back. We just have to be very aware of everything around us when we are out and about.

      Delete
  5. You have a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L quilt!!! The machine quilting and fabric goes perfectly! I love this one and can't wait to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would take a year to type the number of "WOW"s this post deserves!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bears, we have them here in the suburbs of York PA!! Can't wait for Bridle Parh, I am clearing my schedule and finishing loose ends in anticipation. It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete