Sunday, May 14, 2023

Happy Mother's Day

 Hello Everyone,

I've been working on another Calico Cottage quilt this week.  My goal is to make a queen-sized quilt using only my Hearthstone fabric.


I love the look of the plaid between the two black fabrics.  All of the 'frames' around the foundation pieced house block will have either a brown or blue stripe border.  All of the blocks will have the same black and plaid for continuity.  It's going to be a planned scrappy quilt.


Next Sunday I leave for a 5-day retreat at Zephyr Cove on beautiful Lake Tahoe.  I've been prepping for the retreat for several days and will continue to do so this week.  I want to get all of my cutting accomplished here at the cabin so that I can hit the ground running and sew, sew, sew.  I have 10 houses made and need to make another 40 or so.  I hope I don't get too distracted by the beauty of Lake Tahoe and spend too much time with walks around the complex and enjoying the incredible view of the lake.

We had a great day yesterday watching our grandson Jess, participate in his 2nd rodeo in Oakdale, CA.  He tied for 4th place with a 3.14 time. That's 3.14 seconds to bring the steer down. There will be a coin toss today to determine the 4th place winner at the end of the competition. We drove 1-1/2 hours to watch him for 3.14 seconds. The bonus is seeing family and being present in the moment. Those horns scare me!


I want to wish all moms a Happy Mother's Day.  I'm going to call it Happy Nurturing Day in honor of every woman.  Women are natural nurturers.  I see this at every single one of my retreats.  Quilters are natural helpers and teachers.  They not only teach quilting techniques, but they also teach compassion and reach out in a loving way.  In honor of Nurturing Day, I'm offering a 25% discount in my Etsy shop.  Click HERE and it will take you to my shop.  

No matter how you celebrate today, enjoy your day to its fullest.  

Soon,
Lynn







9 comments:

  1. Tahoe will be lovely Does t get any better than the retreat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combination of colors. And how exciting to see your grandson doing so well at the rodeo. I'm sure he is thrilled to place 4th, especially since it is only his 2nd rodeo. Best of luck to him in the future

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn. The judges at the rodeo split the winnings between 4th and 5th place and gave it to Jess and the other participant. I thought that was very fair instead of a coin toss. He now has enough money to buy a new pair of jeans since his are so ripped.

      Delete
  3. Love the planned scrappy! I love how the plaid stands out next to the blacks♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is fun adding in a touch of plaid to the blocks.

      Delete
  4. I always love seeing what you're up too. Those blocks are sweet and I love the QST border with the striped border on either side. Your grandson's time is unreal! I wouldn't even be off my horse in that time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susie! Jess starts out in the chute with the steer.....no horse involved with chute doggin'. He does want to learn how to steer wrestle from a horse. First, he has to get a horse!

      Delete
  5. Hello lynn I am in love with your quilt and fabric line. At this time I cant join the monthly club quilt along. But I would love to get the pattern for the colonial house to incorporate around a appliqué block I am working on. Where can I purchase a pattern for the house.

    ReplyDelete