Sunday, October 15, 2023

Mondays with Marcus

Hello Everyone,

Today is the day to finally show you my Mondays with Marcus project called Double Dutch Treat.  As a designer for Marcus Fabrics, I was asked to create a design inspired by my trip back to New York to meet and spend time with the wonderful Marcus staff.


Prior to my trip, I read the book New York by Edward Rutherfurd. I learned that the colony of New Netherland was founded on the southern tip of Manhattan Island and was christened New Amsterdam, the capital of New Netherland in 1624.  Brooklyn, Harlem, and Wall Street (Waal Straat) are all names from the colonial Dutch.  Wall Street was originally built as a wall to protect New Amsterdam from pirates, and potential dangers to the colony. The Bowery (bouwerij) is also a Dutch word which means farm. I doubt there are too many farms in Manhattan now! The New Netherland colony was founded in a spirit of trade, and everyone was welcome. 

What do you think of when you think of Dutch, other than wooden shoes, and windmills…..tulips!  That is why I designed Double Dutch Treat. The double treat in this project is that you get to see the luscious Lanacot wools blending perfectly with my Heathstone cotton fabric line.  


We took the table topper out on a photoshoot to Cooper Winery in Plymouth, CA.  Mr. Joe loves this old truck, and we always thought it was a great place for a photoshoot.  This fake little steer was our California version of the Bull on Wall Street.  I'll have you know we were warned about rattlesnakes when we attempted to take this picture.  I'm still in recovery mode for my venomous bites, and I wasn't taking any chances, Mr. Joe had to put the table topper on the steer.




To download the free pattern, click HERE.  To print the pattern, go over to FILE on the upper left-hand side of the screen, scroll down to PRINT.

I'm also selling a limited number of kits in my Etsy shop HERE. I'm sorry I will not be able to ship the kits Internationally.   

Please let me know if would like to purchase the pattern only if you are unable to print it.

I want to thank the staff at Marcus for making me feel so welcomed.  My sister, Gail and I had so much fun in New York and we made memories to last a lifetime.

Soon,

Lynn

3 comments:

  1. I love your table topper especially on the steer, The table topper fits perfectly with your NY story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how simple perfect! What a wonderful combination of textiles... do I need another UFO? I think so ❤️.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve been excitedly waiting for this Monday. Your table top creation is beautiful! I love the story and photo shoot. Well done!

    ReplyDelete