Friday, August 20, 2010

Americana at the Cabin

Hello Everyone,

Take a look at Clermont Farms fabric by Polly Minick & Lauri Simpson for Moda. They hit the ball out of the park again! While I was working last Monday, the UPS delivery man arrived with layer cakes and a fat quarter tower of this fabric. The tower just happened to follow me home to the cabin. I'm making a table runner for all of our American holidays. One can never be too patriotic.

I also have an idea for a queen-size quilt too using this fabric. It is gorgeous! I've added the dotties and checks from my stash.
Here's part of the line. The rest looked like a fireworks explosion on the dining room table.

This is the same block pattern as Summer's Blush that will be finished soon. Yes, there are more hexagons.....just can't make enough of the little guys. Of course the checked flange is a must for a truly Americana quilt. All I needed to add to the table was an apple pie!


Speaking of hexagons, for those of you working on my Party in the Garden pattern, should check out this tutorial that I found yesterday. Click here for the best tutorial that I've seen about hexagons on the Internet. I tried this method last night and I LOVE IT! It is quick and easy. My only issue was finding a paper clip here at the cabin. Would you believe we had ONE paper clip in the whole place. I could have driven into town, but that would have taken all of the fun out of the search.


Happy quilting to all.

As always,
Lynn






No comments:

Post a Comment