Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Quilting Quandary

Hello Everyone,

This quilt was made by Kathy, a friend and fellow quilter. She enrolled in The House of Edgewood Lane class that I taught at the shop a while back. She stopped by the shop so I could see it last Monday. I'm so glad I had the camera. Her choice of colors was fabulous. She still has to put on the borders, and then off to the quilter it goes! Kathy, I love your quilt! Thank you so much for making my pattern with your personal touch and color sense.
Now I'm in a quandary as to which project to work on. Yesterday I decided to make just ONE block out of the Luna Notte fabric. FOURTEEN blocks and setting triangles later......I decided I needed to get back to hexagon flowers for Summer's Blush quilt.
Those of you that are a fan of Moda and 3 Sisters, probably remember the Wuthering Heights line of fabric a few years ago. My leftovers are melding in beautifully with the Luna Notte fabric line. Since I never throw anything away......I have quite a few scraps to incorporate.

The flange is back. (Or gutless piping as Susie calls it.) I had this cute little black and pink stripe in my stash to use as an accent. I've always wanted to make a black and rose quilt.....and now I'm getting the perfect opportunity to make one with the prettiest fabric you can imagine.

Okay, back to my creative work I go. Have a wonderful day quilting.


As always,

Lynn



No comments:

Post a Comment