Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Holiday Treats Table Runner

Hello Everyone,
 
I'm sorry that I left you for a few days without posting, life has been busy!  I haven't stepped foot in my sewing room until yesterday, when I picked up all of my supplies to teach Holiday Treats Table Runner at In Between Stitches.
 

Nancy has a good start on her presents.  Aren't they fun!  She is going to make 12 packages, 6 for each side of the runner.  She has all of the rest of her fabrics paired together by boxes and bows and is ready to cut and sew.
 


Rose has her two plates ready just waiting for the little Gingerbread Men. She brought in a darling collection of Christmas fabrics that I'd not seen before.  So cute!  Her stripes line up perfectly.


Susan had so much fun making her presents.  She was fussy cutting her bows and had a great time.


Mary Jane is making a table runner for all occasions.  Great idea!  She is totally committed to utilizing fabric from her stash and I applaud that.  This pattern is a good one to pull your scraps together, find a unifying background, and you are good to go.

 
In my last post I mentioned using your bobbin hook when you set your machine to the blanket stitch setting.  This changes the tension just slightly and makes a nice stitch as you go around the little bows.  Not all sewing machines come with a bobbin hook.  Only two of us in the class had one.


Nancy took my Nostalgic Christmas pillow class and she brought in one finished pillow and one finished pillow top to share.  They were gorgeous!  This one is going to be an unwrapped gift at a holiday party.  I'll bet the people will be fighting over this one and it will get passed around several times.  Some lucky person will end up with it in the end.


 
The perfect flange!  I love it.
 


So today, my list in a long one.  It is so extensive that I'm enlisting the help of my 10-year-old twin granddaughters.  They get out of school early on Wednesday so they are going to help me decorate.  About three years ago, they started the tradition of helping me put my Christmas house scene up in my pie safe.  The pie safe normally looks like this.....full of cookbooks.  The girls will transform it into a Christmas village by the end of today.  They will arrange and re-arrange the whole little town while the Christmas music plays in the background.  They started asking me in August if they could work on the Christmas village......so they are more than ready to help me today. 


All of us enjoyed the Christmas music at the shop yesterday.  I heard the girls humming along and Susan threw in an occasional whistle! Put on the Christmas music and get into the spirit of the season as you go about your day.

Soon,
Lynn

6 comments:

  1. Hey.....talk about flange....did I notice some flange on the Butterscotch baskets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindos trabalhos,parabéns.Continuo passando por aqui,para me deliciar.Beijo grande.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun tradition! I can't wait to have grandkids and do something similar. I can't wait to see the end results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at all those amazing presents! Once again, your class is full of amazing talents, Lynn! Love the pillows, too! I think I need to not only borrow Gail to help me pick colors, but your granddaughters to put up my own Christmas Village. I'm afraid my village will be "sleeping" this year - lol!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lets hear it for us "Nancy's" Those little packages are so darn cute that I am currently kicking myself for not purchasing that runner pattern when we were at Quilting In The Garden...I kept picking it up...(not like I didn't come home with eleventy hundred other new toys though!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute presents! I'm not gonna start a new project, I'm not gonna start a new project...

    ReplyDelete