Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hello Everyone,
 
Just time for a quickie post this morning.  Yesterday was my Sew'n Wild Oaks class and man, have my girls been busy since our last meeting.
 
Kaye is working on more Nostalgic pillows for Christmas.
 

Paula is making beautiful flowers for Party in the Garden.


Gail is testing out the directions for the the basket quilt and successfully made a little baskets and found a couple of things I need to change in the directions.


Gail is also working on Butterscotch baskets.....so she's becoming a basket case just like her sister....ME!


Marti is working on Chelsea Cottage and started pulling her borders together.


Carol has her little headless bear almost finished for Toyland Tree.  I love his little vest.


We ran out of room on the design walls for all the blocks.  The Toyland Tree characters are so adorable!


Evelynne has all of her blocks together for Winter's Warmth and started working on her sashing and posts.

Kay's House on Edgewood Lane is looking so good.  All of her blocks are finished, and she's stitching them together.


Louise embroidered this cute little Gypsy wagon for the center of one of her quilts.


Barbara is almost finished with a block exchange quilt that she started a few years ago, we aren't going to say how many years ago!


The whole purpose of the Sew'n Wild Oaks class is to finish projects that we've started.  Most of the projects are from classes I've taught over the years and most of them are my patterns.  I sort of flit around the room and try to help out and offer suggestions where I can.  We always have a wonderful time together and the four hours just zip by.

Today, For the Love of Baskets gets marked and goes on the long arm.  Details tomorrow!

Soon,
Lynn

8 comments:

  1. What a talented group of ladies you had gathered. Love that Christmas pillow idea. Everyone has such great projects going. Someday I want to visit the shop and take one of your classes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to see what everyone is working on :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great work from your class.

    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love to see what the gals in your class are working on! They have some wonderful projects here! Love seeing your patterns used in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad we got an update on what everyone is doing, Lynn! You and Gail are too funny! I just love the gypsy wagon, too!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hearts are one of my very favorite themes next to baskets! LOL You've covered both! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have Kaye's Christmas piece somewhere in my cross stitch pattern file. Love it and all the other projects too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love Carols little bear! He's so Me! Now I'm talkin' about the choice of prints and colors...not the headless part! Although there are those who would beg to differ!

    ReplyDelete