Friday, November 5, 2021

A Trip to Wine Country

Hello Everyone,

After the intensity of the past few weeks, it was so nice getting out of the cabin for a drive to the beautiful Shenandoah Valley in Northern California.  

It was a beautiful, crystal clear day at Helwig Winery just outside of Plymouth.


Mother Nature was exuding "fall" everywhere we looked.  The vineyards were putting on a display of color along with seeing snow in the mountains. It was a Thanksgiving kind of day.  We were thankful for the gorgeous day, weather, and the opportunity to soak it all in.




This was our lunch spot at the winery.  They are also pet friendly so Mazey enjoyed her day.


Luckily for us it was cool, and that makes the rattlesnakes a bit slower.  Maybe I could out run them with Mazey in tow. This sign was right by our picnic table.

We stopped at another winery on the way home, and saw this sign.  I'm very curious as to what word was blacked out.  So I guess we all have to fill in the blank.  What do you think?

We stopped at Water Street Antiques in Jackson on the way home.  Notice the red sold sign?  The sign had my name written all over it!  I named our new dining room table.....are you ready for this?  Meals on Wheels!  This is so unique and is going to look great in the cabin.  I'll take a picture after it's delivered.  It's going to take two men and a boy to get this table down to the cabin.  I think some dis-assembly is going to be required to get it through the door.

Our neighbors asked what was wrong with our old dining room table.  Joe said it had a flat tire, and needed alignment!  On that note.....

Soon,

Lynn



 

15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day to share, Lynn! And that table is quite a find on top of it all! You and Joe definitely scored :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a glorious day. I can't wait until the table arrives. I'm moving our old dining room table to my sewing room so I can have a nice workspace.

      Delete
  2. I'd gladly defy rattlesnakes and ??? for that prize at the end of the road! Wow - what a find and so perfect for the cabin! Now, I want to know how in the heck you're going to fit the old dining room table in your sewing room! Magic! Great day, Lynn and so well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where there's a will, there's a way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh...... I've been down that driveway a few times..... and I'd say this is looking like an event to which you might be able to sell tickets....... Bring your own chairs and a camera. GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the delivery people should just sit on the table and go for a ride down the hill! But they may end up in the neighbors hot tub.

      Delete
    2. I'm looking forward to your next visit with us, Kaaren. We can pop a cork and gather around Meals on Wheels.

      Delete
  5. That is such a good find! You and Mr Joe scored big time. Yes, that will be a show watching the table being delivered. The only thing I see wrong with the table is being the person that has to sit where the wheels are. Otehrwise, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six people can sit comfortably at the table. If we have more than that....oh well!

      Delete
  6. Lynn - never a dull moment. The table is wonderful and will look perfect and Kaaren is right - sell tickets - a true event. the pictures of the winery are beautiful - it was a perfect day and well deserved. Thank you for always giving me a smile....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should take a video when "Meals on Wheels" is delivered. It will be an event for sure!

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the beautiful pictures of the Shenandoah Valley in Amador County. That was my backyard for 38 years. Perfect day for a drive in the country! I can't wait to see your new dining room table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you to live in such a gorgeous Valley! Did you see a lot of rattlesnakes?

      Delete
  8. Love the table, great score. "Caution rattlesnakes and wine drinkers" ??

    ReplyDelete