Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Cheddar and Coal Fabric

 Hello Everyone,

I placed an order with Homestead Hearth for some Cheddar and Coal fabric by Pam Buda for Marcus Fabrics......and it did not disappoint when it arrived!

I'm imagining some beautiful pumpkins with the rich gold and orange tones.

The line has some beautiful backgrounds too.


It is hard to get beautiful blacks that aren't black and white.  I LOVE the black and gold.  The touch of gold makes them so soft.

This line would be perfect in my Peek-A-Boo Pumpkin table runner.




I'm not going to make another one, but I do have a brilliant plan for this fabric line.  I can't wait to dig in and start designing.


In my last post I showed you the "Meals on Wheels" dining room table that we purchased last week.  It still hasn't been delivered, which isn't a bad thing.  I'm moving our old dining room table into my sewing room which has prompted a completed cleaning out and furniture rearranging in my room.  I would have taken a "before" picture but it was really not very tidy.  I'll take an after picture once the dust settles.....and I do mean dust.  The dust bunnies were multiplying like rabbits. 

Each and everyday Mr. Joe and I are stuffing A Ribbon Runs Through It patterns for shipment around the world.  The dining room is looking like a shipping dock!  This is what 600 patterns look like after they've been boxed and await shipment.  The response to this block of the month amazes me everyday and I feel so blessed.  

Mr. Joe has been taking orders over the phone when I'm away from the cabin.  He makes little notes on the orders telling me how nice everyone has been.  When I ship the orders, I always inform the buyers that my husband enjoyed chatting with them.  Maybe he's just so happy to unchain himself from the table and have interaction with a human voice instead of a plastic bag full of directions!


So if you are reading between the lines, you can tell that we've been really busy here under the pines at Sew'n Wild Oaks.  Yesterday was a very rainy day, and just perfect for being indoors stuffing patterns  The sun is out today, and it's Mazey's turn for a nice walk through the woods. Maybe we will stay outside for an extended length of time.....

Soon,
Lynn


11 comments:

  1. Yay sweet Mazey, it's your day! Take advantage of it and have fun. On anther note, that is another beautiful line of fabric. Can't wait to see what you've designed with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mazey has been enjoying her afternoon runs. I wish I had her energy.

      Delete
  2. Oh My Gosh Lynn. I LOVE the grey and peach. Can't wait to see what you come up with for a pattern. Or if you do use it in your Peek-A-Boo Pumpkin pattern, it will be darling...Watch for BEARS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Lynn... Some serious and fun changes at the Wilder Cabin!!! Cheddar and Coal is a perfect name for those new fabrics and your mystery plans are a real tease!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mystery plans could start taking shape soon. Another tease.....

      Delete
  4. The Ribbon BOM is ordered and am so excited!!! Whooo hoooo!!! Lynn, it is so beautiful and I so appreciate you and Joe working away on these bundles of fabric joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to hear from you, Donna. It won't be long now until your first shipment of fabric arrives.

      Delete
  5. Yum, that is what I think of those fabrics! just yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous fabric line! Can't wait to see what you have in mind for it!

    ReplyDelete