Thursday, November 18, 2021

Scrappy Quilt Using 1" Strips

Hello Everyone,

I've been able to spend time in my sewing room.....the happiest place on earth for me.  I've been trying to decide what to do with the fabric leftover from A Ribbon Runs Through It block of the month.  I finally settled on this design, a Chevron Log Cabin block.


It is a much easier block than what I was originally going to make.  There are no special rulers or templates required.  Just a lot of chain piecing using 1" scraps.  I think this is going to be beautiful!  It's amazing what you can do with tiny scraps, and this design will beautifully showcase the fabrics.

The fabrics will be available soon at Homestead Hearth and other online shops. This is the same fabric that I used in my Block of the Month program for Marcus Fabrics.
 
This was an important week for these two little sweethearts.  Our twin granddaughters turned 19 on Saturday.


Theses two beautiful young women have brought us so much happiness, and love in their 19 trips around the sun.  They constantly make us proud of their achievements, and make us laugh.  They are so loving and kind.  We are so blessed they are part of our family.


If you read my last post, you will remember my rant about FaceBook and a bogus site called Quilting Free Patterns.  My friend Kaaren and I were relentless in reporting them to FB as they plagiarized quilt picture after quilt picture.  I was contacted by so many other designers who expressed their anger and irritation at the site.  My friend Paula, actually followed a very convoluted series of links, which over time actually took her to my blog.  I'm so pleased to report the site has been completely taken down from FB.  I'm sure they are already back up and running under a different name, but I do feel a sense of satisfaction that the site was exposed for what it was and removed.

On a happier note, every morning, weather permitting, I stand out on the deck and greet the day.  It's always a real shocker when I open the sliding door and realize I forgot to turn off the alarm system! The other morning I was treated to this magnificent sunrise.  I think my morning ritual sets a good tone for my day ahead.  It's a peaceful time to express my gratitude for having another day on this earth. I just soak in all of the beauty around me and give thanks.


Today is going to be another busy day of picking up a printing order, grocery shopping, shipping more BOM patterns, and quilting.  We are celebrating Thanksgiving early as our eldest granddaughter is coming back to California for Thanksgiving.  We can't wait to see her, hug her, and hear all about her new adventures at Arizona State University.

Soon,
Lynn





 

16 comments:

  1. A beautiful site to wake up to and put everything into perspective. Good for Paula for finding the end of that horrible site. I did see another one pop up and wondered if they had changed their name. It seems your pounding did some good. I hope you feel better although taking someone's ideas that they have worked on for so long is so sleezy and just plan wrong.....enjoy your quilting and the new quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The end may not be in sight on the FB mess. My friend Kaaren is still receiving notices from it. I'm must be blocked.

      Delete
    2. I think you are blocked because I can still open their FB page. BUT!!! Judy Niemeyer has joined the fight because they're allowing posts and "sale" links of her copyrighted patterns too!

      Delete
    3. She's also accusing them of fraud and asking people to report them as such.

      Delete
  2. Yay! You and sleuth Paula took care of the thieves! What a great morning view! There have been many times when I've let the dog out too hastily in the morning, not remembering the alarm! Not only does it wake me up, but the whole neighborhood as well!!! Another beautiful quilt on your design board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've sounded the wake up call to the entire neighborhood several times!

      Delete
  3. Great job on the Facebook Fiasco! What great pictures of the fabric and everything else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The FB fiasco may not be over yet. I think I was permanently blocked. Oh well, at least I don't have to look at it any longer.

      Delete
  4. Those blocks are lovely. It's going to be a wonderful scrap quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. I'm looking forward to seeing this one come together.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful start to another stunning quilt. Would you be able to tell me where I can sign up for ARRTI BOM? I don’t want to miss out. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terry. I just sent you an email with a link to a shop that is carrying the BOM Program.

      Delete
  6. Lynn - I don't think I sent you an email but I don't think it went threw. I want to make the Chevron Log Cabin block. Are the strips 1" or 1 1/2" cuts? Thank you Nancy Pleimann nplyman@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ta courtepointe promet d'être, comme tous tes ouvrages, d'une grande beauté.
    Je ne suis pas sur FB mais je me rends compte que c'est un site qui n'est pas très "sécurisant".
    Regarder la nature de grand matin, booste pour le moral pour la journée.
    A bientôt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voir le lever du soleil, profiter de la nature et exprimer ma gratitude sont un excellent début de journée. Je suis tellement contente que vous aimiez la nouvelle courtepointe.

      Delete