Monday, September 12, 2022

Play List Week of 9/12/22

 Hello Everyone,

Here's my playlist for this week.

The Time of My Life - Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes

I'm So Excited - Pointer Sisters

Help - The Beatles

It's hard to know where to begin to tell you about our weekend full of fun and surprises.  The entire family gathered in celebration of our 50th anniversary.  Whenever we all gather together, we take our "gene Wilder" picture. I'm the only one without a "Wilder" gene, but I helped pass it on to the rest of the group. We always line up in order by age.  Mr. Joe and I are followed by our two handsome sons, our beautiful daughter, then the best grandchildren ever!  Mazey just didn't want to sit still for her picture.


I love comparing the picture to the first one taken in 2014.  The little boys aren't so little anymore.

Here's the entire group including spouses, cousins and another potential granddaughter.



We were so surprised when we left the house and saw a limo/party bus arrive to take us to Elliston Vineyards and event center in Sunol, CA.


We have arrived!


Our friend Mike, of 46 years delivered the blessing.



My sister Gail put a slide show together by gathering 50 years of pictures and memories in one place.  It was a huge undertaking and we appreciated it so much.  I'm looking forward to watching it again today. I've made slide shows before, and I know the work and the love involved in making one.  The show Gail put together was filled and made with love.


The kids used our original cake topper from our wedding. They thought of everything.  Unfortunately, my head got decapitated on the trip home! Super glue to the rescue.


Just like the song, we had the time of our life.  It was the perfect day in celebration with our family and friends.  There were times when there wasn't a dry eye at the table, and there were times when laughter erupted in the entire room.  We can't thank all of you enough for making our day, and our life so special.

This is why I listed the song "Help" on my playlist.  At the football game Friday night, Jess was flattened after the play was over and the whistle had already blown.  He was down for about five anxious minutes while all of us watched in the stands.  He had played an excellent game and maybe the opposing player wanted to take him out of the action.  We were so thankful when he got off the field under his own power.  His ribs were a bit sore the next day.


On Thursday night we watched our grandson Kade play Freshman football.  He too, did a great job.  It was so hot on Thursday.  When we arrived in Livermore, the temperature was 113 degrees.  The game was delayed for two hours and didn't start until after the temperature dropped below 100.  We melted in the stands, but we were comfortable compared to the players.


There was a tribute to 9/11 on Friday night.

Now to the I'm So Excited song.  The strike-offs for my fabric line will arrive today!  Today is the day!  There's just so much going on and it's all good.  Life is good.

Soon,
Lynn














6 comments:

  1. Lynn this was a beautiful tribute to a beautiful couple. Your family Love you so. Relish in the memory. Can't wait to see the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much love just jumps right out of your post! I listened to your friend Mike's speech on FB...he did a great job. I also know Gail poured her heart into the slideshow. The flowers and special touches were absolutely beautiful. I hope Jess recovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect anniversary, Lynn! You two are totally adorable! I know how hard everyone worked on putting together a wonderful, and well deserved celebration! Bob and I send our love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great images of a fun, wonderful weekend of celebration! Congratulations on 50 years! 🥂 Cheers to you and Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful time you had celebrating your 50th anniversary. The kids gave you and Joe a great party to remember. Loved the two family pictures to compare. Isn't fun looking back at the good times??!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don’t usually comment, but enjoy your blog. Our 50th was Sept. 2nd. 1972 was a good year to start. Our kids gave us an open house party for friends and family and 8 days in Hawaii, from where we just returned. Congrats to you! Sharon in CO

    ReplyDelete