Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Retreat Pictures

Hello Everyone,

I have so many pictures from my retreat to share with you.  The show and tell time that we have after dinner is always "over the top" gorgeous! The amount of talent in the room is incredible. Enjoy the show!

Country Sunshine
Country Sunshine








Row-Mancing Alaska in 2 color-ways.




Cute as a Button


Sue traveled from Michigan and didn't have room for this beauty in her suitcase.

Here are some of the quilters who are responsible for the mini quilt show.  Penni made the little dolls for her housemates.







The retreat gave the chance for these coast-to-coast friends to get together.


California and much of the West Coast is in the grip of a record-breaking heatwave, or heatstorm as it is being called.  We don't have air conditioning at the cabin, so it has been getting pretty toasty here during the day even though we keep it closed up with the fans going.  Last night it was just too hot inside, so we headed up to Lake Alpine for dinner.  We love going there for dinner because Mazey is welcome to sit at our table on their deck.

We were treated to a booming thunderstorm as we went for a stroll around the lake.  We could see it brewing right overhead, then the wind picked up.


Mazey hasn't been going for too many walks lately because it has been way too hot for her little paws.


We returned to the car just as the heavens opened up and drenched the parched earth.  We could almost hear the trees sighing with relief.


We sighed with relief too as the temps dropped into the 70's.  When we got back to the cabin, we were back into the mid 90's.  The high for the day was 101 in Arnold.

Another scorcher is on tap for today.  I will be in the pool for laps and water aerobics this morning.  I should just spend the entire day in the water to get relief from the heat.

Every day I rinse out my swimming suit and hang it up outside.  Sometimes I forget to bring it inside before bedtime.  In the morning I have to shake it out really well because we have bats......lots of bats.  I'm always afraid when I put my suit on in the morning that I'm going to be sharing my suit with the bats.  Mr. Joe always said I had bats in my belfry!

Soon,
Lynn












8 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Looks like a great group of quilters, We hit 116 yesterday...way to HOT! Have a great day,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a great group of quilters. This heat has just zapped our energy. 116 YIKES!

      Delete
  2. it sounds like the lake area must have been much cooler if you were able to take a stroll after dinner, my brother in southern CA says it is very hot there too - hope you all get relief soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The entire state is suffering under this heat. Yes, it was much cooler at 7,000ft elevation.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful quilt show! Thank you for sharing the beauties. I'm sorry to hear that you are so hot. Usually it's us here in the Midwest suffering with the heat. Hopefully you and the trees get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the show. It's going to be another triple digit day here. It's exhausting.

      Delete
  4. Great pictures. Love all the beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much fun to see what the girls have been working on. I'm always amazed.

      Delete