Thursday, September 1, 2022

Sew'n Wild Oaks Retreat

 Hello Everyone,

I have a lot of photos to post over the next few days of my retreat, so you will be seeing a mini quilt show for days.  Today I'm showing you a picture of a doll my friend Penni made and presented to me the first day of the retreat.

Penni made the doll from fabric scraps she had from A Ribbon Runs Through It.  The fabric is called A Return to Elegance by Judie Rothermel for Marcus Fabrics.  There is so much detail and creativity in this precious little girl!  This is an heirloom I will always treasure.


Here I am with Penni.  We first met when I spoke to her quilt guild several years ago, and she's been coming to my retreat ever since.


Yesterday was our last full day of the retreat.  We have to say goodbye to each other by 3pm this afternoon.  Some of the girls have a long drive ahead, so they will pack up and hit the road early.  It will be so hard to say goodbye to them!


California is in the grip of a severe heatwave.  It is hot here in the mountains too.  A few of us put our feet in the pool last night and it felt so good.


Soon,
Lynn




6 comments:

  1. Your new treasure is beautiful! Wow Penni is so creative and talented!!! It will be fun to learn her name. I’m imagining you “greeting her” each morning as you sip your first cuppa at 5 am. I’m enjoying all the images you are posting…a great time with wonderful talent ladies.
    I hope everyone stays safe and cool this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The doll is just precious! I have a ton of pictures to post over the next few days.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Lynn! I totally enjoy your retreats and learn so much!! I loved making your doll! Can’t wait to make the one with your designed fabric for the next BOM. Your warm, caring and fun personality made it easy to create her!

      Delete
    3. The above comment is from Penni. For some reason I always come out anonymous. Lol

      Delete
  2. It was fun. It was fabulous. So much creative talent in one room! Thank you for your time and efforts in hostessing all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great getting to know you, Sue. I had so much fun too. Safe travels home.

      Delete