Sunday, July 28, 2024

Gentry's Mill Fabric Announcement

 Hello Everyone,

I'm so excited that I can finally share images of my new fabric line called Gentry's Mill and my new block of the month for Marcus Fabrics.


You can see the entire line up close HERE.  This is the new BOM which will start next year.


The large red and blue floral prints are gorgeous!  


The line is elegant and classy.


Surprise, I didn't include a plaid in this line or a flange in the quilt!  What is wrong with me?

Part of the beginning design process starts with scans that I send to the graphic artist.  This is a scan I sent of one of Mr. Joe's silk ties.  I'm always searching for interesting designs that can be tweaked into a fabric.  This little scan started the entire process to the birth of a new line.


After a lot of back and forth and color corrections, this is the final pattern.  The graphic artist incorporated little vignettes of flowers in the intricate design. I will always look at this fabric and remember Mr. Joe's tie.


The colors complement all of the SKU's in the line.  It's a fun, labor intensive process and I love every step along the way.  My plan for this line, includes designing a quilt around the large blue and red prints. I can see the design in my mind, I just need to make it become a reality and get it out of the back recesses in my brain.



When you don't hear from me for a while, just know that I'm working on bringing fabrics and designs to a reality and to you.

My sample yardage should arrive any day now from the mill in South Korea.  Every ounce of work will stop when the FedEx delivery person knocks on my door.  

Being a part of the Marcus Fabrics group of designers is a dream come true.  Throughout the weeks, emails and zoom calls take place from the beginning to the end of the process.  The graphic artists carry out my every thought and include their own suggestions.  The process is fascinating and fun!  What you don't see is the attention to detail by the Marcus Fabrics staff from beginning to end.  They are sticklers for perfection in the delivery of the final product.  I appreciate that attention to detail.

I'm still working on other projects which I will be able to reveal over the next few weeks.

Soon,
Lynn







10 comments:

  1. 🥰 Gorgeous !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Another beautiful patch of fabrics! Your mind quits.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful quilt. I love the beautiful design and elegant fabric. Mr. Joe must look so dapper wearing that tie! What great creative ideas you have! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another project I wonder able to resist! Beautifully done Lynn. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The process from start to finish sounds more than complicated. But the fact you enjoy every step shows in the stunning end product♥️🪡🧵

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's fascinating to learn about the process from you and your posts. And WE just have to show up at the shops and "ooh" and "aah" at our end. Thank you for continuing to remind us of the imagination and artistry and practical eye that make our choices both easier and selective!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is the size of the BOM? It's just beautiful 😍

    ReplyDelete