Wednesday, July 3, 2024

The Red, White and Blue Sale

 Hello Everyone,

Last Saturday, four quilting friends gathered at Sharon's beautiful home for lunch, conversation, and camaraderie.


Sharon has been quilting for only three years, and she's filled her home with her wonderful quilts in a very short period of time.

This was one of her first quilts.

Her home is so inviting and comfortable.  I wanted to curl up a read a good book in this corner.

There is something beautiful to see on every wall and nook and cranny of her home.

We chatted throughout the meal from every topic about books to politics......and quilting of course.


Quilts are a wonderful way to decorate your home as they add warmth and creativity, and extra insulation during the winter!


Thank you so much Sharon for letting me showcase your home.

We will be spending a quiet July 4th with our neighbors just a couple of doors down the street.  I'm bringing the appetizers.  Once I make them, I'll post pictures for you along with the recipes.

I get pretty nervous this time of year.  Fireworks are illegal here in the mountains, but that doesn't deter some idiots from setting them off.  Our little mountain community is full, and I mean FULL of the summer people.  The shelves at the grocery store were empty on Monday.  Even when we plan on shopping early, our plans evaporate when there's not much available.  We could drive down to Angels Camp to a larger store, and we may just have to do that if the shelves aren't re-stocked soon at our local grocery store.  If you don't get to the store early, the lines for every checker snake through the entire store and you can be in line for an eternity.  There have been times when Mr. Joe stands in line with an empty cart, and I zip around the store and return back with items.  You have to get smart in your old age!

For the past two 4th of July's, the power has gone out, and we are ready if that happens again.  Mr. Joe had our portable propane tanks filled which we use in our generator.  It has been HOT, extremely hot.  This heatwave is expected to last until July 9th.  Our mountain power grid system just can't handle the extra people turning on air conditioners, and poof, no power on the mountain.  Our cabin doesn't have an air conditioner, so I open up the cabin early in the morning to get in cooler air.  Then by 10am, we shut it up and it stays relatively cool.  

To help celebrate July 4th, I'm having a SALE in my Etsy shop from July 4th through July 6th.  All of my patterns will be 20% off.  Click HERE and you will be directed to my shop. 

Have a happy 4th of July and be safe.

Soon,
Lynn


13 comments:

  1. Your home is beautiful, Sharon, as are your quilts! You have done an amazing job for someone who has quilted for only a short time!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely home to visit & chat with a friend. Happy 4th of July, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful "Home Tour" of Sharon's house. I think she was born to be a quilter!!
    I hope you all in Arnold are safe from fireworks...all of California actually!!! Good luck with shopping too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a beautiful 4th. Sharons home is charming. It is so refreshing to sit with friends and just visit. Something you do not get to do that often. I will continue to pray for no fires up your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about not having time to sit and chat. I really enjoyed the break away from my sewing room.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful home and Quilts to see. Looking forward to your new fabric lines📍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon's home is so charming and cozy. I just had a call with Marcus Fabrics last week, and I'm going to start working on another line for next year. My head is spinning.

      Delete
  6. Wow! Sharon’s quilts are beautiful. She is a very very talented decorator. I am inspired. I also pray for a safe quiet 4th of July celebration for you and all the quilters who so enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sentiments, Madeleine. I heard only one firecracker last night, but it only takes one.

      Delete