Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Lil' Orphan Scrappy Free Tutorials

 Hello Everyone,

Through the intense heat wave in California, I've have sequestered myself away in my sewing room.  While working on some special projects, I've been creating a lot of scraps.  I have the perfect pattern to use up those scraps as the largest piece you need measure 5-1/4". That pattern is called Lil' Orphan Scrappy and I have FREE tutorials for you posted below. I made this Lil' Orphan from all of my Marcus Fabrics scraps.




This was a fun one to quilt.  I knew I wanted to have feathers running across the quilt.


I love being able to put those scraps to good use to make quilt instead of storing them away in a closet never to be seen again.



In the past couple of weeks, I had the pleasure of seeing two Lil' Orphan Scrappy's.  The first one was made by my friend Mary Sue.


Mary Sue plays the French Horn which made the perfect center for one of her blocks.





My sister also finished up all of her blocks and she's getting ready to sew the rows together.  She would have had it completed if I didn't have her working on a project for me!


I looked through my blog and found some more Lil' Orphans made by my friends.  Here's Jeanne's quilt.


Here is Paula's quilt which she showed us at one of my retreats.


I put some tutorials together so you can create your own Lil' Orphan Scrappy.  The tutorials are totally FREE, and you do not need to purchase the pattern if you follow the tutorials.  

PART ONE is located HERE.
PART TWO is located HERE
PART THREE is located HERE.

Every Lil' Orphan Scrappy quilt is unique to the creator and is a reflection of your quilting style and stash.  Make a few blocks a week, and before you know it, a quilt is born.


We are still in the grip of a massive heatwave here in California which is extremely tiring day after day.  Not to mention the fear of fire as the forest around us is tinder dry.  We don't have AC, but we do have fans and open up the house every morning to let the cool air in, then we close it all up around 10am to keep the intense heat out.

Enjoy the tutorials and stay cool!

Soon,

Lynn











6 comments:

  1. Thank you. I will put this on my list but cannot wait to try at least one blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blocks are like potato chips.....you can't eat just one! Have fun with the tutorial.

      Delete
  2. congratulations to Sue and Gail. Paula is to be congratulated as well. This is a wonderful way to use scraps. I could probably make several.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have beautiful scraps leftover from your beautiful quilts, Karen.

      Delete
  3. I am currently quilting ARRTI. I bought the pattern well after the BOM, so I chose fabrics from several different collections (mostly Marcus Fabrics). You are correct when you say they all play well together. I spent hours at the Hancock's in Paducah selecting the fabric. Thank you for the well written pattern and the many helpful tutorials. The layout sheet was priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! I would love to see a picture of your quilt with your fabric selections. I'll bet it took hours to choose just the right combination of fabrics. I'm glad you like the block layout sheet. I put them in all of my patterns that have complex blocks. I call it the map to your success.

      Delete