Saturday, July 13, 2024

Heritage in Hearthstone

 Hello Everyone,

I absolutely love to receive pictures from you, my cherished blog readers.  A few short months ago, Nadine asked me if I could send her the fabric requirements for my Heritage pattern using my Hearthstone fabric line.  Here is Nadine's beautiful and finished creation. Seeing her quilt is incredibly rewarding to me.


The quilt is also beautifully machine quilted.

I've always wanted to make a Heritage in Hearthstone, and I have added this to my list of quilts I want to make again.  Thank you so much Nadine for making my design come to life and sending me pictures.


Listed below, is the information I sent to Nadine, generated by EQ software. She took the ball and ran with it and scored a touchdown!




The majority of my patterns are in EQ software, and with time, I can recolor any of my designs.  There are also some of you who like to receive templates since you love to hand-piece your quilts.  I can also produce template.

On the home front, last night at 2:27am, we were rudely awakened by the vocalization of a mountain lion!  I shot straight up out of bed, Mazey went ballistic, and Mr. Joe rushed to close the sliding glass door, as there was just a screen between us and the mountain lion. We looked like the Keystone Cops! Thank goodness we never saw the lion, but the hair was standing at attention on the back of my neck.  Mountain lions can be very intimidating, especially since I read that in order to hear their vocalizations, they must be extremely close since they aren't very loud.  We've been sleeping with the slider open, so now we are going to reassess our vulnerability. This is one of those times that I feel like we are living in a zoo without cages.

Just yesterday at water aerobics, the girls were talking about the mountain lion sightings in our area of Blue Lake Springs.  I can now attest to this.

Just like most of the country, the heat wave just won't loosen its grip! We are now under a red flag warning for the next two days because of the prediction of dry lightning storms and wind which is NOT a good combination for our dreadful fire season.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if our power provider turned off our electricity.

I'll just hunker down and continue working on my special projects while praying for rain.

Soon,
Lynn


8 comments:

  1. Just, WOW! I'd have come straight up too, I think, if I'd heard that cry. It's a thrill but one you don't want to experience too often , huh? Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too sure that I'm going to venture outside today!

      Delete
  2. I'm always glad that I'm sitting down when I read your posts Lynn!!!! This time I held onto the edge of my chair as well!!!
    I absolutely LOVE Nadine's Heritage in your Hearthstone line!!!! I would have kicked my shoes off if I was wearing any!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last night was a bit scary. I'm going to put the game camera out tonight even though it is quite temperamental. I love Nadine's quilt too.

      Delete
  3. it is nice to sleep with windows open but don't forget you are in bear country too! I love that quilt - would that work to use the Country Charmer quilt pattern blocks with the log cabin block? I am just wondering as I have the Country Charmer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it would work perfectly Karen. Mazey is our early warning system, but I jumped quicker than she did last night!

      Delete
    2. thanks - I think I will print out the photo and put it with my Country Charmer quilt!

      Delete
  4. Where can I get this pattern

    ReplyDelete