Monday, July 22, 2024

A Ribbon Runs Through It 2.0 version

 Hello Everyone,

I received an email from a quilter wondering what fabric line I would suggest for A Ribbon Runs Through It since the original fabric line is no longer available. I thought about it and went to the Marcus Fabrics website to check out what lines are going to be available soon.


I saw the Elegant Estate Collection by Judie Rothermel and fell in love with it. You can view the line with larger images by clicking HERE.  I downloaded the images into my EQ8 software and played around recoloring my original design.




Then I started playing around with it some more and added a stripe fabric from my Hearthstone line. Here are the center blocks with and without the stripe.


Without the stripe and the posts are teal.


Here's the quilt with a black border or the teal border.



I had a lot of fun after I posted the pictures on my Sew'n Wild Oaks FB page and quilters around the globe started chiming in with suggestions.  This is very much a fluid idea, if ideas can be fluid. My ideas are usually flowing around in my brain night and day.   EQ8 software makes it so easy to audition different fabrics and creates an excellent rendition of the quilt. This is the final version of the quilt in EQ software.


Last week, I received this picture from Shirley who made A Ribbon Runs Through It as a wedding gift for her daughter.  Her daughter must have been thrilled to receive her gift! I love the fact that Shirley added more borders to make it larger.  She put her own spin on the design.  



Now I'm adding this new version of the quilt using Elegant Estate Collection to my TBM (To be made) list which is about as long as my TBR (To be read) list.  I'm an avid reader and have a long list of books I want to read.  Each and every day gives us the opportunity to be creative or have some quiet time to curl up with a good book.  But when I curl up to read, I drop my book and wake myself up snoring!

We had a bit of a scare last week when Mr. Joe passed out and did a face plant at his SIRS picnic.  The paramedics packed him up into the ambulance and took him to the emergency room.  He was so disappointed that he didn't get to hear the sirens.

We spent six hours in the emergency room, and he was given a CT scan of his head and neck, and chest x-rays.  He was hooked up to a heart monitor and received three bags of fluid. When he fell, the brim of his hat covered his face, so he actually looked okay, except for his nose.

It was determined that he was dehydrated, and his blood pressure was extremely low. He has been in recovery mode this past week. Yesterday he was going a little stir crazy and wanted to get out of the cabin and go for a walk.  We headed up to Lake Alpine where it was nice a cool and Mazey went for a dip in the water.



Here's to staying vertical!

Soon,
Lynn


6 comments:

  1. The quilts look lovely in any and all of the colorways. My goodness, that must have been scarey with Mr. Joe. Glad he's recuping and getting stronger. Upright is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Joe is feeling better, but he is not yet 100%.

      Delete
  2. My hopes for full recovery for Mr. Joe. His best hopes are because of your TLC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This nurse Ratchet is very caring! Good to hear from you, Fran. Love, Lynn

      Delete
  3. I love your quilts! And SO sorry your hubby had his troubles! Scary for you!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna. Mr. Joe is doing well.

      Delete