Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day 36.....and argyle stockings!

Hello to Everyone,

Yesterday I really wanted to sit and sew and make these adorable little stockings from Moda Bake Shop.....so I did!




Each box will make three stockings, but who could possibly stop at three! These little stocking are just the sweetest little things.




The directions call for adding a ruffle to the top. Never being one to follow a pattern, I decided to put yo-yo's on the top of mine. The stocking are about 10" long. I'm going to hang mine on the Christmas tree at first. But then Christmas Eve and Christmas Day they will go on the dinner table and hold a napkin.....maybe even the silverware. The guests get to take home their stocking at the end of the evening.



I love to make yo-yo's......it's absolutely mindless to make up a batch of yo-yo's while watching your favorite show or while listening to music.




So tonight, I'll finish the binding on the top and attach each yo-yo with a Christmas button. I'll add a little tab for hanging too.




At my last count, I've made nine so far. I have a few more to go to take care of everyone. Let me tell you they are addicting. They just keep getting cuter and sweeter. They would also be lovely in white and gold fabrics. What about Fairy Frost silver? I'm a traditional kinda gal, so I'll just stick with red and green. But, if anyone decides to make these in other colors, send me pictures please and I'll post them on the blog.


There are several Moda Bake Shop boxes at the shop. If you can't find one, start making some strip sets and make the stocking any size you want. Toss on some yo-yo's and you've got yourself some tree decorations, hostess gifts or table decorations.

Have a wonderful day.

As always,

Lynn


No comments:

Post a Comment