Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 30.....at the quilting machine

Hello Everyone,

I'll bet you are all getting ready for the big day tomorrow. I know I am. I just took a pecan pie out of the oven. The lemon meringue pie is next.



I finished quilting Austin's quilt this morning. I was practicing the wavy lines technique.....not too hard, but I need more practice.



The wavy lines just pull the quilt together. This quilt is going to wear like iron with the amount of thread in it. The machine quilting will make it last forever. It will stand up to a lot of use and a lot of washings. I'll take a better picture once I get the binding on.



How do you like this picture? Circa 1970 in Paradise, CA. That's my sister on the left with her Mary Tyler Moore hair, Mom then me. I get the award for the highest hair.

In retrospect we all take complete responsibility for global warming and the hole in the ozone layer. Do you know how much Aqua Net hairspray it took to maintain that enormous hair?? First there was the Dippity Do that we applied before the hair rollers that we slept in! How did we sleep? Or else we would have to sit under the portable hairdryer for hours, and hours while we polished our nails. We must have been crazy.



When my uncle took this picture 39 years ago, I definitely wasn't thinking what my Thanksgiving in 2009 would be like. I wasn't thinking about a husband, children, let alone six grandchildren. On that note, I probably won't be blogging everyday over the Thanksgiving weekend. That's going to be my family time with the little kids....big kids too....but the little kids steal my heart. There is much to be thankful for.

My best Thanksgiving wishes to all of you.

As always,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment