Friday, November 20, 2009

Day 35.....Pillow fight anyone?

Hello Everyone,

It's a blustery, rainy day here in California. Just a perfect day to sew, listen to music, and throw another log on the fire. Except those logs are out in the rain and wind.



Today I made two pillows for my living room. These went together very, very quickly. I love the plaid! The back is also plaid. The pillow forms slide in easily. The tops can be removed, washed, ironed, and back on they go.

I almost always make two of everything......except for the argyle stockings! (I made 6 more last night.) It is just as easy to make two instead of only one at a time. You can keep both, or tuck the other away when a handmade gift would be appreciated.



The pattern is right next to Austin's quilt in the Snow Country book by Thimbleberries.




When the wind stops blowing, and the rain stops, I'll go to town and look for buttons to put into these little loops to hold the pillow together.



I discovered that 18" pillow forms are a bit like people. Not all are stuffed equally! The form on the left is a bit "plumper" than the one on the right.




Both Zinny and I hope you are having a wonderful day.

As always,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment