Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 37

Good day to everyone!



I put the borders on Austin's quilt. This quilt turned out to be larger than I thought...but that will be okay with Austin.



I had to piece the top and bottom borders so that all of the fish would be swimming upstream. The print is quite busy, so the seams aren't too pronounced. I'll wash the flannel backing today and make the backing tonight. I'll most likely put the quilt on the quilting machine tomorrow. I really have to be in the proper "mood" to machine quilt. Today I just feel like sewing.



While I was taking pictures, I asked Zinny (isn't she a pretty girl) not to step on the quilt. She didn't step on it.....



But, just like a little kid, she just had to touch it!



I took a little trip over to see the nice folks at Dublin Sewing Center this morning to stock up on Serger thread. (You'll see why in another post. ) All the thread is 20% off until the end of November.

The Jingle Bell Shop Hop starts tomorrow, Thursday Nov. 19th. http://www.jinglebellhop.com Check out the participating stores and come by and say hello. There are some great prizes that will surely put you in the holiday spirit.

I'll be busy creating the rest of today. More Christmas ideas for you tomorrow.

As always,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment