Saturday, February 12, 2011

Christmas Quilt Along - February

Hello Everyone,

It's today, it's today!  The Christmas Quilt Along begins......and I'll be working at the 9th anniversary sale at the shop!  So, I just pretended that I was in a different time zone and had my own private Christmas Quilt Along all day yesterday.


I started with this wonderful grouping of "Christmasy" fabrics and worked on my little Jack-in-the-Box for the Toyland Tree quilt for most of the day. 

He still needs to have his little face put on....I'll get to that later.  I can tell by this photo that the little dingle-balls on his hat don't show up very well.  Maybe I'll switch them out to something more vibrant.  I love the little candy cane crank on the handle.



I also got a little piecing done for another Christmas quilt idea that is floating around in my head. These little blocks take forever to make since they have 53 pieces of fabric in each one!  They are only 8-inch blocks!  That is why you only see two of them completed.


You'll be seeing more of these later.

I hope some of you can make it down to the shop this weekend.  There are going to be some nice prizes!  To see what everyone else is working on today, go to the Christmas Quilt Along button on the left side of my blog.  Pour a cup of coffee, sit back and relax and hum a Christmas carol or two.  It will drive your spouse crazy.....trust me.

As always,

Lynn

11 comments:

  1. The Jack in the Box is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your pieced Christmas block and am eagerly awaiting the reveal of what you do with them. Cute Jack in the Box block too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Christmas quilt along and sale day, Lynn! Where do you find the time ;>) I love the Jack in the Box - he's so real looking and the blocks - oh, I just know they're going to be something gorgeous!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I love you jack-in-the-box. And your blocks are beautiful. Worth the work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your christmas blocks are fabulous - I love them! I can't wait to see the jack-in-the-box's face too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas blocks are very nice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LoVe the Jack in the Box. I haven't seen it before... but I LiKe it! The blocks look GrEaT too. You'll be happy with it when finished even though each block takes awhile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Jack in the box is cute, however I love, love, love those blocks. Love the colors and the block pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops, my comment yesterday seems to have disappeared - or have you deleted me, heehee? I love the jack-in-a-box, and can't wait to see where you're going with those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love the pieced blocks. those fabrics are so ME. And apparently you, too! Can't wait to see all of them. Thanks so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete