Friday, February 4, 2011

Summer's Blush #2 is Done....well almost

Hello Everyone,

It is amazing how much I can get done when I'm sequestered at the cabin surrounded by peace, and pine needles! I had a long to-do list and I'm working my way through it task by task.  The blocks for this quilt go together so quickly.....the hexagon flowers are another story.

What a difference a border makes!  I cut it rather close on my inner border fabric.  I brought what I thought was a half yard of raspberry red.  When I opened it up, I realized I had used a portion of it in another quilt and I didn't have a full half yard.  It was time to get creative or drive to the quilt shop in Angels Camp.  So I got creative with piecing the inner border.


I love to make these flowers.  Now that I'm done, what am I going to do?  This is a good picture showcasing the flange material against the red and black borders.



All of the fabric used in this quilt was from my stash.  I incorporated Civil War fabrics, brights, Thimbleberries, a little of everything, and Blackbird Designs fabric for the background from the Chelsea Boutique line.  Some of this fabric is at least ten years old.  I'm always telling my husband, fabric doesn't go 'bad' and the style for what I like hasn't changed.

I'm getting prepared for the Christmas Quilt Along that starts tomorrow.  It will be a fun day working only on Christmas projects.  Check out the site and join in if you can.  It is so much fun to see what everyone is making.

Have a wonderful weekend.....as always,

Lynn

4 comments:

  1. Wow - an incredibly striking quilt, Lynn! You should be so proud of this! I love the little flange border - fantastic idea! And how true that fabric never goes bad - well said!! I'll remember that whenever my husband asks if I really need that piece of fabric or jelly roll! I hope you now have some time to play in the snow!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful. The hex flowers really gives it a feminine touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks fantastic.

    I've got some bad news though. The Christmas Quiltalong is NEXT Saturday. I'm sorry if I confused you!

    ReplyDelete